I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Drapes, Fireworks, Hairless Cats, Flex Seal, CWS, Music Overload

Dear Blogspot,
Today I was a Ninja of Awesome. I was a kickass shelver this morning - shelved for four hours straight while avoiding the mass of children that had congregated in the middle of the library to watch a musician. He was pretty good actually but now I have that "green grass grows all around" song stuck in my head. Ugh.

Just wanted to let you know that my Mom is pretty much awesome. Today, we bought drapes. Yes, after living here for over a year I'm officially sick of waking up to the sun at 5AM. So she bought me drapes. Plus the curtain rods. Now we just gotta get the maintenance dudes to install them. They are also pretty cool guys. Then, I went fireworks shopping while she got my oil changed - also her idea. And then, I hit up the McDonalds drive-thru right behind her and I went to pay for my pop and the chick gave me the weirdest look ever and said, "Um...the lady in front of you paid for yours. So, you're good to go." and I was "That's my mom." and the look on her face became like one of those epiphany looks "Ohhh! Okay!" So I called Mom and she said when she said that to her the chick probably thought it was some pay it forward kind of thing. But seriously, the look on her face was hysterical. So yeah, my Mom is awesome.

And, speaking of mothers, got to see my dorm mom today! She loves me. Bought some fireworks and stayed under 100. Which is impressive for me. I know that that may seem high to you but I go all out. When I see the fireworks tents go up I'm like ecstatic. It's like when they start selling candy canes. I'm addicted to those things and stock up. I still have 2 boxes in my cabinet. But yeah, fireworks! Totally stoked! Before we used to do this big block party thing at Oldest Sister's place but then they moved so since then we haven't really found a permanent replacement. This year we're going to Second Sister's house. I think we did that last year as well. Maybe that'll be our new place. Dad is making steaks. Or so I've heard. I told Oldest Sister that she has to make frog-eye salad - anyone else know what that is? it's fantastic - because she owes me. Even though she doesn't really. Or she could just teach me how to make it. I don't think I could burn that. But you never know, I did burn grilled cheese. Go here: My Life in Closed Captions: Sketch and Edit Make Grilled Cheese

Another highlight, I pulled into my parking lot earlier today and saw this plastic looking cat in a windowsill sitting like stock still. And I was like, "I hope that's fake, cause if not that's a really unfortunate-looking cat." And then....it moved. So someone in my building has a really unfortunate-looking cat. One of those hairless cats, you know? And I love cats, I am a cat person. Even though mine bites me. But hairless cats just freak me out. Plus it kinda reminds me of that episode of Friends where Rachel gets a hairless cat because her grandma had one and it's like vicious so they give it to Gunther.

Dude! I want Flex Seal! It's rubber in a can! You could like make anything waterproof. And the second can's free!

Sorry, more ESPN commercials. Maybe tonight I'll dream about building a raft with spray-can rubber. That Alec Balwin thinking I'm Jesus dream was just plain weird.

I'm sad that the CWS - that's College World Series, not Carpooling With Santa *cough*SecondSister*cough* might be over tonight. Even though I want SC to win it. It would be super cool for them to win the last game in Rosenblatt and the first game in Pseudo-Rosenblatt. Yes, Pseudo Rosenblatt. Because TD Ameritrade is just too long.


So, it was a good day, which is funny because the next few days for the past couple of years have kind of sucked. Long story. But we need some good jam out music for a good day.

"I've Had the Time of My Life" Glee Cast Version

Wow, Sam with short hair. Retro.

"Forget You" Glee Cast Version

Is it weird that my favorite Glee cast member is a guest star? Holly Holiday is my hero. Seriously. Constant Ninja of Awesome.
and yes, I know I've posted this more than I've posted any other song. Want me to post the other 2 I post more than any of the others too?

Why not.
They're good dancing tunes. Well, the first one is. The second will be more of a cool down I should go to bed thing.

"You Drive Me Crazy" Shakin' Stevens

He's Welsh. And it was the 80's. Deal with it. I love it!

"Reflecting Light" Sam Phillips

Cool down time. It's in my top 10. Pretty sure these last three are all in my top 10.

Gonna finish the game then crash.

OUT!

2 comments:

  1. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
    Also visit my web blog :: flex seal review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man,
      I so want to buy some Flex Seal just to see if I can make a boat out of a screen door.

      Delete