I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, June 13, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Mambo #5.

Today's Highlights:
- Beat the first section of Angry Birds - Poached Eggs - and opened the rest of the levels aka Mighty Hoax, Danger Above, The Big Setup and Ham 'Em High. Totally stoked.
- Talked about Wicked with Superwoman, we were quoting it up. "Not everyone can come and go by bubble!"
- Actually heard Wordie trying to get my attention this time so now he can't make fun of me being completely unaware of my surroundings when my headphones are in.
- Came home to a clean apartment. Enough said.
- Mom showed up at the library - no cookies this time, sad day - to bring me apples and Saltdogs tickets from Oldest Sister. The tickets were from O.S. not the apples. I hooked her up with some audio books, she was excited.
- Got my scores back from my booktalk and totally rocked it! First up Rock the Booktalk, Next stop World Domination! *insert evil laugh here* 40/40, not bad for putting it together the night before while typing on here and trying to stay awake. But that's when all my inspiration strikes, for some odd reason. Like last night I was up writing until 2.
That's how camp works actually. I can plan all I want all summer long for skits and stuff, like ohh, this one would be cool. But I don't get my final numbers for the kids until like the day before. And even then things are up in the air. I use that as an excuse for procrastination and usually end up writing my skits at about 3AM Thursday night. Camp starts on Friday. But the skits usually turn out to rock the house. Killer Eggs was a big hit, I think I wrote that one about 3AM with my awesome bandmate Delayed...Reaction co-star. (check the videos to the right). The Charles Nelson Reilly to my Brett Somers. He keeps me sane. And he's gonna have to keep me extra sane this year as my partner in crime is ditching me with all the kids to go to some political blah whatever. Obi-wan. Man. Totally not cool. We were the 5-headed monster! Now it's just gonna be me and the tri-director squad. Hopefully he'll be able to make it for teen camp.
Even my mentor is only gonna be there for part of it. I can't do skits and worship without her!
Plus Amos is gone as she is pregnant and probably wouldn't like all the heat and all that. And she's been going as long as I've been going. 2nd grade 'til college graduate is a long time. Freakin' lifers. This year is gonna be interesting.
I refuse to take the torch from my mentor. There's no way I could take over the whole thing.
- Ultimate highlight: Cool Aunt called and we're going to the opening game of the College World Series Saturday!! Woohoo! Vanderbilt vs. North Carolina. I'll have to do some research before I pick a team but I'm guessing NC for this one at least. We went 2 years ago and I was all about LSU - they totally dominated. Year before that I lived with Grams and we went for Fresno State since they were the underdogs. They also dominated. Unfortunately, last year South Carolina beat my UCLA. Will have to see how the teams line up before I pick my final.
It's always fun to go to games with the Cool Aunt. Huskers games to cheer for Helu and Suh, CWS of awesomeness - except when we went it rained hardcore, haha. I think the only game we've went to that had decent weather was like...never. We've frozen at a Husker game, we got soaked at a CWS game, Oh! Kansas vs. Huskers in Kansas a couple years ago was only slightly cold. I pulled it off with a hoodie, so I guess you could call that nice weather. Anyway, it's about time we get some good weather karma. Now watch, me saying that is gonna screw us over.

Change of subject.

Songs for the night:

Gotta give a shout-out to the QofA and her cute little girl who had a dance party to yesterday's music. Here's some other fun ones to jam out to.

1999 Flashbacks

"Livin La Vida Loca" Ricky Martin


diggin' it. that's a totally stylish plastic coat at 2:38. I'm sure they were all the rage. especially for people who dance around in the rain of a fire hydrant.

"Mambo Number 5" Lou Bega

used to dance to this song all the time with my cousins. and those rope light necklaces at 0:52 would totally go well with the plastic jacket from the last video.

styling, i'm telling ya.

Posting early so I can write some more tonight and go to bed at a decent hour this time. Although there are no guarantees there. Tomorrow's split shift so I'll do some homework then. I'm almost halfway thru book #11, I'll finish that one up and get started on #12.

OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment