I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Black! Gold! Black! Gold!

Okay, so the thing about filling out forms is that if you want your child's name to be spelled right on their return letter/nametag, you should probably work on your handwriting so that it's legible on an official form. Cause really. Some of these are questionable. And I know the names of most of the kids so usually I'm able to figure it out, but this year there's some new kids - which is great - but I have no idea what some of their names are. Cause the handwriting is worse than mine.
I have a major need for counselors. As of now I have 3. Total. And the deadline isn't until the 1st of July so there's time but still... I actually get applications up until the day of camp itself so it'll be fine. I still would rather have more now.

So I'm all for Vanderbilt. They're currently beating North Carolina 5-1. My final prediction was Vandy 6-5. And this is the bottom of the 8th so there's still time. But Cal, with their true cinderella story, is quickly becoming my number two. Kept alive by donations and then making it to the CWS, that's impressive. I dunno what'll happen if they make the final two.
This game is pretty much a rematch of what we saw when we were there. Only this time the loser goes home instead of just to the loser's bracket. And it's funny because I can recognize the cheers that are going on back and forth between the fans. There's a lot of "Tar! Heels! Tar! Heels!" and "Black! Gold! Black! Gold!" (which is super amusing to text back and forth with the cool aunt btw) but there's also the general admission section specialty of "Tar Heels Suck!" which was rather amusing, even though it's insulting. When we were there it was a dude standing on his chair counting to three and then they'd all yell it. Usually right when a NC player went up to bat, or right after a big "Tar! Heels! Tar! Heels!" cheer.


Quote of the day:
Straight from Superwoman: "(insert my name) takes precedence since she has more points than you."
I had to talk to her about food drive stuff but she was already talking to a coworker that's way up in the chain of command compared to me. I felt special. For like a second, then she said she wouldn't say that again.



Song of the night:

Adele "Rolling in the Deep"

awesome voice in an awesome video.


Out early, gonna be a super long today tomorrow. Food Drive stuff in the morning then work all afternoon. I hate early mornings. gonna have to stop for coffee.
I tried to get in touch with city people all day to request a van - we're going to be driving to almost all the branches to drop off barrels for food donations - but everyone I called was either on vacation or not answering. So I called my sister and brother in law. They pretty much rock. And I'm gonna borrow their truck. Huzzah!

More on that tomorrow.

OUT!

ps - watching the Closer season six dvd, fantastic. love every scene with them in the new building and all the frustration that goes along with it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZJhdhmZLAI&feature=related
WHERE ARE FLYNN AND PROVENSA?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment