I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Since you've been gone my world's been dark and gray...

Gonna keep this short so I stay motivated to read tonight.

Shelved the day away, literally. The other aide is on vacation so I've basically been playing catch up nonstop. Which is fine actually because usually I shelve everything and there's nothing left but shelf-reading.
Anyway, did the morning shift then came back and finished book #9, huzzah! Will work some more on book #10 tonight then hopefully get that finished tomorrow. Then tonight I went in for an extra hour and it was the end of an era! No more night shifts with Joe Studley. It was a sad sad day. Next Tuesday I'm with Space Cadet for our second round until August. But we have a lot of fun so I'm excited.

Quote of the day:
-Anonymous Library User: "I do it for myself, not for anyone else!" about riding a bike without a shirt. I about died on the spot. But I think that's one of those tone of voice have to be there kinda moments. Still funny.

Songs of the night:

"White Liar" Miranda Lambert
I actually like her quite a lot. She has some excellent lyrics and catchy melodies plus she's not a completely unlikeable snot. Bonus points! This one is often in my head... I enjoy 3:10. There's actually a backstory to this video's casting, you can find the behind-the-scenes stuff here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S3pOaa1hMQ

"Picture" Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

"I was headed to church..." "I was off to drink you away..."
love love love this song. and i'm a fan of both artists so it's like win win. plus the video's pretty cool in that behind-the-scenes kind of way.
She actually wrote a book and we have it, it's called "If it makes you healthy" which makes me laugh as it is a play on words to her song "If it makes you happy."



okay, gotta read some more so I can go see Wicked tomorrow without stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment