I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"It's alphabetical." "What from W to boobs?"

Okay so first off, just gonna throw this out there.

Never leave two little boys alone in a room with a remote and a TV they don't know how to navigate.

They will attempt to buy things that make my brother and I go "oh my god!" and run toward the TV.

We had football on in both rooms and I guess they wanted to watch wrestling instead so they attempted to change the channel and ended up at "Are you sure you want to purchase Boobalicious for $10.95?"

I don't think I've seen my brother move that fast in a long time.

So that pretty much sums up my day: Mass Hysteria.

Set my alarm for 9 but slept in until 10:30.

I was gonna be all good and like get up early and watch the parade and all that but by the time my alarm went off - I went to bed around 2 cause of New Years - I was like screw that so I went back to sleep.

But I did get up in time to watch the Husker game.

And HOLY CRAP that was also madness. Domination, I was so proud, especially that last quarter for defense. Though the endzone to endzone touchdown was pretty cool too.



Actually our favorite part of that touchdown was the guy in the raincoat at the very end.

Yeah. Stare dumbly. That's right.

Anyway, the family - boyfriend included - showed up around halftime. We watched a bit more of the game, ate lunch, and then opened our presents (while having the game on in the background).

I officially passed the passing out baton on to Squirt this year so I got to sit sidelines and get presents instead of handing them out.

Glad to be done.

It's not bad it's just you have 6 kids running at you constantly looking for presents or wanting to take presents to people and there's a system, you have to have piles so that everyone gets one at the same time instead of like 5 for one person and then on to other people, you know?

Anyway, she did good and I enjoyed sitting and being able to watch the game.

Especially cause we were winning.

Got some cool stuff too. Red 2, Burn Notice final season, some books, clothes, cash, a robot vacuum, AND THAT DAMN DANCING BABY.

I know!! I just got rid of that thing, she totally fooled me.

Now I have it for another year!

And it came in the best box too, it was one of those prank boxes that advertises it as something totally weird and then you open it and it's something totally different. Anyway, this box was for a coffee showerhead so that you could take a shower and drink coffee at the same time.

BTW you did read that right, a robot vacuum.

I'm stoked, just have to figure out how to work it. Carter's gonna hate it. Will probably squash it while I'm not around.

After the presents we jammed out for a while watching football, playing pitch and spoons, stole remotes back from tiny children, ate prime rib for supper and all that.

It was fun.

Especially the part when my brother started freaking out about the boyfriend and I getting married in Vegas.

Which was my fault, cause we were joking about it and then he got all paranoid.

See, when they're all in Vegas and we say we want to get married they're all for it. But now that they wouldn't be there with us it's totally different.

And his mother did finally give in to our destination wedding ideas.

Which I want in writing.

Not that we're having one.

But it's nice to have the option.

What else did we joke about? Oh trivia night is coming up.

We're thinking this year's theme should be Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.

With my brother-in-law as Snow White - cause he's tall - and the rest of us as the dwarfs.

It's down to that or Ninja Turtles.

Cause wouldn't that be awesome too?

Today was awesome though.

Carrying everything up the stairs to my apartment was not so fun, but it's done now so it's worth it.

Well, the stuff I brought back with me that is. There's still that giant coffee maker at the farmhouse from Christmas along with some various other things that hopefully Mom will bring up at some point when she comes to visit Grams.

So I'm calling today a success, even though it was filled with much hysteria I am not back to relaxing with my big fat cat.

Tomorrow is back at work so I will soon crash but before that here's some of my favorite music from 2013 plus the song of the day.


Christmas Can Can - Straight No Chaser


that's right, you knew i had to post it at some point.


Alright, here are a couple of my favorites from 2013.

Counting Stars - OneRepublic


Royals - Lorde


more to come this week.

hope you all are rocking the new year away.

Speaking of New Years, did you do anything fun? The boyfriend and I went out to dinner then had a lazy night in watching movies and then musicians we'd never heard of but are apparently popular enough to make national TV.

But I don't listen to the radio so perhaps they are that popular.

Any new resolutions?

Mine for this year are to eat healthier, exercise more and start flossing more than just the month before I go to see the dentist.

I know, boring, but maybe as the year goes on I'll add more.

Legit pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment