I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, January 31, 2014

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.

I know, I know, I've been off the radar for a few days.

Long story short I realized working at a public library and having a public blog kind of kills my whole privacy thing.

So, it's not that I don't love you, it's just that I've decided to slow down in postings and wait until I actually have things to post about instead of just overloading you every night with mindless ramblings.

Not that they're not entertaining, but it's about time.

This was the first year in years that one of my resolutions wasn't 300 posts by the end of year. I don't know if it was subconscious or what...but anyway, instead of 7 posts a week it will probably be down to 2 or 3.

So I'm not disappearing completely. Besides this blog is kind of how Sketch makes sure I'm still breathing so it's not like I can give it up all together.

And it's become a part of me, as weird as that sounds, so I can't give it up, it'd be like chopping off a limb or something.

So, what have you missed?

Well, there was Wednesday.

Work was fine. Trained an intern. She's actually one of our regulars who decided to go to library school.

After work went out with Homey-G-Wigger for jalapeno margaritas cause she was in town. Graded papers for a while at the library so I got to introduce her around.

She got a call. That's what we Lutherans call a job offer at a different school.

When there's an opening they call a teacher and if they decline then they call another. It's a whole official process and goes through synod channels and all that. G hasn't taken a call in over a decade, which we're grateful for. Her last one was from Florida to which I responded, "Friends don't let friends move to Florida" and she stayed. But now this one is closer to her home. It would totally suck to lose her cause she basically keeps that school alive. Plus you know, 2G golf and our softball team would be severely lacking. But we would understand if she left. Anyway, it was cool to catch up.

Thursday I had off. Spent it running errands and watching Person of Interest.

I know, I'm so exciting.

Today felt super weird cause I'm never off on Thursdays so it felt like a Saturday. Attended a booktalk this morning cause I'm giving one in a few weeks and they let me go watch so I would know what to expect.

Public speaking and I are not friends, whatsoever.

But they did a good job.

It was nice to meet the people and introduce myself and also pick up pointers like, handouts are appreciated, and bringing books with you will give them a chance to check them out after, etc.

I think I had like 10 stats total all day cause I spent most of it either at a booktalk or off desk.

I did put holds on all my books I'll be talking about so I can actually come up with something to say about them.

Might even post it on here, if it doesn't suck that is.

Tonight was the hockey game. Our forth loss in a row. This one was sad too cause it was tied 2-2 and the goalie tried to land on the puck to make it stop and it went through his legs with like 3 minutes left.

Gonna have to pick it up cause it's another rivalry game on Valentine's Day.

Speaking of, if your boyfriend buys you flowers what is an appropriate gift to get him?

He's not big on gifts so I was thinking a hockey shirt. Something he could actually wear.

Hm. We'll see.

And that's all I got. It's snowing here like madness. Driving home felt like the Millenium Falcon on hyperdrive.

Yes, I'm a nerd, get used to it.

Song of the Day:

Happy - Pharrell Williams


count the cameos.

legit pre-midnight, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment