I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I dance in elevators.

Another new life motto.

Usually just the slow enclosed one, but today the library was so dead that I was like, whatever. Big glass window, a-woohoo! I was jamming.

There was really no one there to notice. It snowed all day so our only crowd was in the computer lab.

Have you ever been driving on a snow covered road and went, "well, I think this is a lane"?

And then pulled into your parking lot parking basically anywhere because you can't see those lines either?

That was today since 8AM.

A lot of snow.

Which is normal for a Nebraska winter, but not this winter. It's like the third time it's snowed total.

It's all fine and dandy 'til I have to wake up tomorrow and dig myself out.

I used to like snow. You know? I could make forts, and snowmen, and slide across the ice.

Now I'm surrounded by idiot drivers on roads that don't get plowed so I hate it.

There were supposedly 70 plows out today but I didn't see a single one.

Not looking forward to driving to work tomorrow either.

Okay, that's enough of the ranting.

I'm back to Just Shoot Me.

Season Three.



Stoked cause a new company is re-releasing them on DVD which means they might actually get further than season three.

I've been stuck here since the early 2000's.

I loved this show. It was fantastic. That was like the best night of TV cause it went Friends then Will and Grace and then Just Shoot Me. That's how I found it in the first place, cause I was hooked on Friends.

Although so was the rest of America.

There used to be all the Must See TV. Now they're trying to replicate it and they've got nothing.

The only comedy shows I watch on a regular basis are Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, Mom, Saturday Night Live and Hollywood Game Night.

And Castle. Does that count as comedy? It's kind of comedy.

The rest are just dumb.

Some of those are dumb too, I know, but I like them.

I know, you don't care.

I'm trying to think of things you might care about.

Um.

So there's a lot of snow.

And um, I've been working a lot.

Mostly on my booktalk and this Strategic Plan powerpoint thing.

Although the Old New Guy reminded me today that I'm assigned to yet another project that we had forgot about.

The joys of having your degree.

People think you're fluent in everything libraries.

Oh well, at least I'm involved and not bored.

Other things you may care about...oh yeah, trivia night is approaching.

Last year we did That 70's Show. This year we're thinking Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Is it dwarfs or dwarves?

Apparently dwarfs cause dwarves gives me one of those red underline marks.

Anyway, with my brother-in-law as Snow White cause he's the tallest.

Or cause it's funnier that way, either way I'm excited.

Gonna have to brush up on all my useless knowledge.

Thankfully there are 8 of us and we all kind of have our expertise. But that means anytime there's a book question they look at me so I should probably go over stuff I should know but don't know.

You know?

Song of the Day:

The Elements - Tom Lehrer


love the end. yes that is the song i was dancing to in the elevator. and yes i am a nerd.


Holy crap, they're all on YouTube. No longer stuck on season three.

Okay, now I'm gone. Officially.

Legit pre-midnight, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment