I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Plus it turns out the hairy one's a dude. And the metal one too. All dudes.

Yes, still alive and breathing. Don't worry. I'll have someone notify you if that changes.

Lots of fun stuff happened this week including 3 special guests at the library, 2 movie nights with the boyfriend, and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff.

It's been a week full of surprise appearances at the library. 2 days ago my adopted little sister came in, yesterday my camp mentor showed up and today Mom came in.

With food. Cause that's what she does. And the staff loves her.

Was cool seeing all of them in my hood.

Yes, I'm declaring it as my hood cause I spend more time there then I do anywhere else.

The two movie nights were polar opposites to each other. Wolf of Wall Street and the Lego Movie.

Let's start with Wolf of Wall Street


Scale of Awesome say 6/10. There was so much nudity and drugs in that movie that if it were ever shown on TV the movie would drop from 3 hours to 15 minutes.

For serious.

*spoiler alert* It would be like the opening scene where he starts working on Wall Street, to him working with penny stocks, to like the boat sinking scene to the courtroom and that would be it.

But it had its moments.

I'm never eating at Benihana again. I don't care whose birthday it is.

The Lego Movie was was literally the polar opposite of that.


Scale of Awesome says 7/10. Lots of funny stuff, plus I love Elizabeth Banks and oh my god Liam Neeson was fantastic as Bad Cop. I kept waiting for him to yell "Release the Kraken!"

Though our favorite part was actually when the Millennium Falcon showed up - cause we're Star Wars nerds, but also cause it was hilarious.

Also had its moments, there were just more of them, hence the 7.

Guarded by a robot army and secondary measures of every kind imaginable. Lasers, sharks, laser sharks, overbearing assistants...

First law of the sea, never place your rear-end on a pirate's face. 

B-Roll of the actors


i love nick offerman and liam neeson. elizabeth gets pretty into it. plus will arnett's version of batman, it's dead on.

plus there's animated behind-the-scenes too. but i skipped that.

Other stuff going on:

Stress seems to come in spurts at the library. Sometime in the next two weeks I have to:
-Research/weed/relocate the literacy collection - which the Old New Guy and I finally got around to meeting about today
-Finish the Strategic Plan slideshow - this is a multi-step process because people are sending us links and info so we're adding it all and then we're gonna meet and thin it down so it's presentable, but we also have to figure out what to say when presenting it to stakeholders
-I also have my booktalk coming up so I am mad-speed-reading a ton of books so I can talk about them without making myself look like an idiot. I'm taking notes as I read so I'll have interesting things to say about each of them. Probably won't have time to memorize it all which means I'm writing it all on sticky notes and then pasting them to the back of the books so when I hold it up I can read it off. (Trick I learned in grad school.)

In other news we're having a camp meeting this weekend so I have to prep for that. Plus this weekend is Valentine's Day, then my birthday and then it'll be Vegas so it's a big month.

I need to zen out. I'm watching the Olympics. I'm a nerd for those as well. Tape them all cause I work, so I'm on yesterday's footage at the moment. Kelly Clark is dominating. I love snowboarding, it's my favorite of the sports, but hockey is fun to watch too. The only problem is that they're not airing the USA women's hockey, just everybody else's so I have to watch all that online.

Like I said, nerd. Was totally sad about Shaun White but I-Pod deserved it.

And speaking of Shaun White...

Songs of the Week: Have a variety for you because it's been a while.

Caught Inside - Bad Things


yes this is Shaun White's band for those of you wondering, but it's also a good song. i like this one and

Anybody


is good too. probably my favorite of the two.

but if you're going to listen to only one of these MAKE IT THIS ONE:

You Gonna Change Your Mind - The Capgun Holdups


cause it's fantastic.


alright, that's all i got. more later. have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment