I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, January 4, 2014

"Camera adds 10 pounds." "What's your excuse for the other 20?"

Post #998

Ridiculous, I'm aware.

So Bruce Lee was in Nebraska today.

Sorry, Lee Brice.

Whoever that is.

I keep calling him Bruce Lee cause it's easier to remember.

Plus it makes Sketch mad cause she's a fan.

There was this big secret concert in Milligan cause it's halfway between LA and NY. It's part of Pepsi's halftime series. Anyway it was a big secret as to who was gonna perform, there were rumors of Bruno Mars, Keith Urban, and then someone thought they saw Faith Hill in G-Town so everyone thought it was her or Tim McGraw and then it's Bruce Lee.

Sorry, Lee Brice.

Who the crap is Lee Brice?

Anyway, it helped us decide whether we were going or not.

Country twang, that we don't know, in 15 degree whether...yeah no.

Sorry if you're a fan.

And yes I am a country girl and grew up on country music, but the country music that I grew up on was so much different than what plays nowadays.

I'm a fan of 80's-90's country, but not so much of today's.

But that's okay, the people that did go seemed pretty excited about it.

And I was just happy to be inside in the warm.

Today actually was pretty good.

Slept in - 'til like 10 - made waffles with my new wafflemaker - they were awesome - watched NCIS marathon - well, like 2 episodes, I didn't realize Grimm's royal captain was part of Paula Cassidy's team, yay Sasha Roiz - did movie night with the teens - we watched the Hobbit part 1, well half of us did - then date night with the boyfriend - Grudge Match.

The Hobbit was interesting. They're teens so of course they don't actually watch the movie at a movie night, actually half of them did while the other half sat in the corner and screamed every time someone came up accidentally in the elevator.

Though it was usually just the security guard.

The corner group was fine, except they're the ones that wanted to watch the Hobbit, while the rest of us were for Princess Bride and got out-voted.

We should have switched it out and see if they noticed.

After movie night I went out to see the boyfriend. We saw Grudge Match.



It was...alright. Scale of Awesome says 6/10.

My problem is that I love De Niro but hate Stallone and in the movie De Niro is a jerk and Stallone is the nice guy you're supposed to root for so I couldn't get into it.

After that we went out for supper, watched part of Star Wars 5, then he went to work and I came back to my big fat cat.

En route I talked to Sketch, hence the Bruce Lee frustration.

And that was my day.

I'm hoping tomorrow is good as well, though apparently this whole week is gonna be freezing cold. Ugh.

On to the music: More of my favorites from 2013.

Radioactive - Imagine Dragons


mostly love Will Champlin's version of this, but the original is good too.

Just Give Me a Reason - Pink ft. Nate Ruess


love them.

out.

No comments:

Post a Comment