I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Then I got sober and two robots called me and asked me to make an album.

The Stars are off their roll. We lost again last night vs. Des Moines. It was wildly depressing and we need to pick it up or we're not gonna make the playoffs.

It's weird, we can beat the number one team in the league but then we lose to everyone else.

Granted it is Omaha and it's a rivalry thing.

Oh well, Lampasso was awesome again, and even made the paper.


Today was good. Had lots of visitors at the library.

Second Sister came to pick up her painting and brought Bek Kate and Tessa Jo. We jammed in the kids area on my break. They liked the puzzles and felt board.

Tessa ran to me, I felt special.

I want one.

Just not right now.

Then later the boyfriend stopped by to drop off my keys before heading out.

I always feel bad waking him up cause he has to work nights. Blah.

Hopefully not forever, but it's better than second.

After that it was back to awards season.

Grammy Highlights:

-Could anyone understand the words coming out of Beyonce or Jay Z's mouths? It was like Ozzie up there.
And then Ozzie was up there...and needed subtitles.

-People playing the hat drinking game at home got hammered because of Pharrell, for serious. Was he supposed to be a mountie? It looked more like Only Pharrell Williams Can Prevent Forest Fires.

-Why was Steve Coogan at the Grammys? And why was his speech the best of the night? "Two of the Beatles or all of the Jonas Brothers..." "It's hard out there for a pimp. It's not too easy for the hookers, either." Not sure why Julia Roberts was there either, but she is America's Sweetheart so I guess she's allowed to be at any American award show she pleases.

-Robin Thicke still looks like a pedophile even when he's surrounded by all of Chicago.

-Lorde rocks, just not at public speaking.

-Jamie Foxx is the worst presenter ever. He hit on Beyonce all through his speech forgetting entirely about the other artists up for the award.

-Steven Tyler and Taylor Swift's dance moves. They should go on tour. Just for their moves alone. Although I did love him singing to Smokey Robinson and getting the crowd into it. That was cool.

-As much as I love classic country, Kris and Willie looked a bit out of their element onstage tonight.

-Daft Punk Domination. I wish the robots would have talked, though Pharrell was amusing speaking for them.

-Snape on Twitter - yes, Professor Snape has a Twitter account and he's hilarious - was concerned about Katy Perry being surrounded by Dementors on stage. He also congratulated Bruno Mars, expressing his hope that one day he'll finally figure out why someone was throwing grenades at his girl, and wishes that he could have cue music to make people shut up.

Which I agree with, that would be awesome.

Now I'm on to the X Games. Stoked to watch them on my day off.

Song of the Night:

This was epic.

Get Lucky - Daft Punk, Pharrell and Stevie Wonder


see what i mean about forest fires? love the mashup elements.

everyone in the crowd was into it, i loved it.

legit pre-midnight, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment