I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Underwater Basket Weaving in Mesopotamia

So, Mr. Bossman Tom must be the cool kid on campus cause today not only did he have an entire tour of new employees come through, but also two of what seem like his "besties" stopped by after.

Checking out our piles heading to the other buildings.

I call them his "besties" because they seem to be the only people to keep reappearing throughout our process. They're cool guys, actually everyone there is really nice. I'm diggin' it.

We're still debating the best process of keeping stats over books we really have no control over. We expect them to disappear so we're not barcoding them, but we still need some way of keeping track of what gets checked out. One of his besties says one day we're only going to have one book left.

"Underwater Basket Weaving in Mesopotamia"

Cause who would want to steal that?

Although apparently people do weave baskets underwater.

There are pictures of it online so it must be true.

So says my brother-in-law, the King of Useless Knowledge.

Actually that's not the exact quote he uses, it's more like "I read it on the internet so it must be true."

Where was I? Oh right, practicum, yes more sorting and stamping. I don't know where these books keep coming from. I don't think he does either. But it was fun. And now the Practicum Count-Up is at 20/90. 

Yay!

But that was this afternoon.

The morning started with a staff meeting. Then it was off to the desk, some off desk time to work on TAB stuff - so not ready for our first meeting next week - and then upstairs to the lab to answer reference phone calls.

Reference Question of the Day: What is the average temperature of March in Dublin, Ireland. 

I actually found it online. Huzzah for Google!

After work was the practicum, after practicum the boyfriend came up and we went out to dinner.

Lazlo's for rainbow chicken, fries, apple sauce, and The Situation.

It's a fruity drink that tastes like orange juice. With a kick. Of, you know, liquor.

Half of the chicken and fries are in my fridge. Love leftovers from that place. They even gave me a special container to put my honey mustard sauce in so it wouldn't get all over everything.

After dinner we walked around the new arena.

Or as we call it "the spaceship".

Have you seen that thing?

We walked all the way around it, it's gigantor.

Though apparently from the inside it seems much smaller. And since it can't be bigger than the Quest Center it has exactly one seat less.

Congratulations Omaha.

You win.

Was nice to go out and do stuff. Dinner was good. Walk was fun.

Came back and did my homework while he went off to work.

But now it's done so after this post I can go directly to bed.

Much more relaxing than going "directly to jail."

That was a Monopoly reference for those of you culturally challenged.

On to the music:

Song You Knew But Forgot You Knew It

All Around the World - ATC


Remember this one? I think I was in grade school at this point but I still remember jamming out to it at the time.

Check out that choreography, or more specifically the dance sequence starting at 1:45.

I really like it when the guys sing but all you can hear is her voice.


Alright, off to bed.

Or to watch some Elementary.

Whichever happens first.

Legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment