I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, September 9, 2013

I think that was a compliment, buried in a double negative, so… thanks.

Have you ever noticed how when you're only scheduled to come in half a day, that the day before that half a day is eternal?

That was today. 

For some reason it felt like I was there much longer than 9 hours. 

Which is confusing because we were quite busy. 

And I had a teen experience meeting. 

And I had 4 volunteers come in at once. 

Actually there were more there at the moment but those are the ones still in training. 

I have two others that were supposed to be there but weren't. 

Interested to see if they will come back. 

Teens. 

Anyway, at least the meeting was fun. 

Well, entertaining, not so much fun from the topics of discussion. 

But that's more of a longer story. 

Involving snackage at TAB meetings. 

Lots and lots of talk of snackage at TAB meetings. 

BUT I was able to plug my Catching Fire party and this afternoon Queen of the Known Universe and I had fun picking out her Hunger Games name. 

Here is a simple formula for those of you who are curious - yes, I found it online, go here for the longer (and funnier) version. 

1. Write down the second syllable of your middle name.
2. Write down the name of a plant.
3. If you are a female above the age of 30, write down the word "less." If you are a female under the age of 30, write down the word "met." If you are a man of any age, A) welcome! and B) write down the word "petra." see it's amusing. 
4. Write down the first initial of the last name of your favorite English teacher from school.
5. Write down one simple action verb (i.e. "run," "jump," etc).

AND DON'T CHEAT, WRITE DOWN YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE YOU LOOK AT THE FORMULA BELOW

Combine the answer from #1 with the answer from #3. That is your first name.

Your middle initial is the answer to #4.

Your last name is your answer to #5 with your answer to #2 added to the end.


Call me Garmet H. Climbcactus.

Think I could get that on a business card?

Anyway, I'm excited about the Catching Fire Party. It'll be the Saturday after the movie comes out in theaters. We'll have a costume contest, there will be obstacle courses set up in our "arena", have some Panem-themed snacks, we'll make bows and arrows out of licorice and pretzels sticks (a coworker asked if they would be sugar free licorice sticks to which I smirked. but that's another snackage meeting reference) and we'll have the first movie playing in the background for those that want to watch it.

After the eternity that was today I'm looking forward to the half day that is tomorrow.

Final prep for my TAB meeting on Wednesday and then I have the afternoon off because Mr. Bossman Tom has a meeting so he's letting me work from home.

Huzzah for more practicum count-up hours.

I get to make cool looking rule signs for our libraries.

I'm really getting excited for these ones. We're thinking of manning - sorry, staffing - staffing the desk at the women's library on Tuesdays and then the men's on Thursdays.

That way we'll be able to cover both places, though we're still looking at ways to keep track of stats since we're not barcoding things.

I'm thinking spreadsheet. Or maybe a box of cards they fill out.

But that's another thing I'll research tomorrow after I finish my signs.

Told him I would make a few and he could choose.

No pressure, right?

But more on that tomorrow.

At the moment I'm all about Elementary.

It's bad timing really to be obsessed with this since I have multiple DVDs checked out from the library due next week and they keep piling up.

But this isn't the first time that's happened.

There was Lie to Me, before that it was Leverage, before that it was Chuck, before that it was any of the following: Big Bang Theory, Castle, Charlie's Angels, NCIS, NCIS:LA, Major Crimes, The Voice, Wipeout, Burn Notice

I can't believe that one is ending.

They're slowly cancelling all my favorites. Burn Notice, Warehouse 13, and all of those mentioned above before the word "following".

What's next?

Sorry, tangent.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, Elementary. It's fantastic.

Love the female Watson twist. And Lucy Liu is one of my favorites anyway. Loved her in Charlie's Angels, Kill Bill, Cashmere Mafia, Dirty Sexy Money, plus she voices one of the characters in my favorite video game of all time - SSX Tricky.

Elise.

Granted I never play as Elise, but still, she voices her.

A lot of famous people voice in that game, David Arquette, Macy Gray, Bif Naked, Billy Zane

Tempted to play it now.

Actually might before I go to bed. But gotta finish this episode first.

Sorry, more tangents. I should stop before I find more.

Clip of the Day:



good to know if i ever needed to fake a coma that i need to smack myself when prompted.

and i'm out.

legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment