I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I can't lie you're on my mind. Stuck inside my head. I wanna feel your heartbeat for me instead.

Okay, so...interesting situation.

Superwoman says, "I read your blog and bought the book for my pregnant daughter. It better be good."

Many questions arise.

Question one: What book is she referring to?

Question two: What if the book isn't good? 

Question three: Should I be paranoid that my boss reads my blog?

So I get this information while working with BossLady - aka my other supervisor - who gave me a funny look and asked if there was something I needed to tell her.

No. I'm not pregnant.

Let's make that abundantly clear.

But it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what book she's referring to. The last book I remember recommending is Silver Linings Playbook. Which was like 4 months ago.

Which, coming from a librarian - oh sorry, a Library Service Associate - is actually quite sad.

I'm sorry, worst LSA ever. I don't read a book a day and I don't blog about the books that I'm not reading daily.

In my defense, I really don't have time to read cause I'm too busy working, taking classes, and driving back and forth to see my boyfriend. Plus I'm surrounded by books all day, it's nice to go home and get away from all that.

But that's part of the "Well, it's not like I go home and do drugs" theory mentioned here.

It's not like I don't read anything at all. I read textbooks for class, online articles for class, more textbooks for class, more online articles for class, and then my editing projects.

However, I do have plans to read after graduation.

Four bookshelves full of plans to read after graduation.

And one of those four is that mammoth one I built myself. Go here.

So, as I skim through previous blog entries from the past month I start thinking...she says I'm gullible. What if she's messing with my head talking about some mystical book that better be good and then it makes me realize that I don't read enough so I should start reading more and then I do start reading more and it makes me an even better LSA.

Cause that is totally something she would do.

Oh well. I'm going to assume it's SLP until directed otherwise. I did love that one and carried it around for weeks before finally giving in and finishing it. I have problems finishing good ones because then they're over and you don't get that sense of mystery back.

Again, library nerd. Who reads on occasion. And has many books on her bookshelf with one page left to read because she stubbornly refuses for it to be over.

Anyway...kind of lost my train of thought....but really all I have to say about today. So on to the music.

I Can't Lie - AudyChannel cover of Maroon 5

No comments:

Post a Comment