I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, September 29, 2013

jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash.

Saturday:

So...Saturday morning I was supposed to have a whole group of volunteers come in from 9-12 to clean the lab and do various other stuff....and then they didn't show up.

Superwoman came in special to help and everything....and then they didn't show up. So, I ended up going to the home branch to jam with the Queen of Awesome in the morning then back to the work branch in the afternoon.

After work headed out to see the boyfriend. We watched a bit of the car auction - there was this huge old car auction in Nebraska this weekend that was all over the History Channel. Basically this car dealer kept all these cars from the 50s-90s and most of them had like 1-5 miles on them total.

So I guess technically it was a new old car auction...in 2013.

But it was on History so you knew it was big.

We watched the first few cars but then got tired of it, then went out to Applebee's for appetizers.

Since I had Sunday off I slept over at the farm.

Sunday:

Church this morning, sat with the family. Got dinner afterward, invited Homey G as always.

I was hoping to take a nap in the afternoon but there were 3 screaming children running all over and my father who wanted me to set up his iPod so that didn't happen.

For long anyway.

We got him an iPod for his birthday cause he said he would use it. It all sounds like a grand idea until you're the one who has to set it up and teach him how to use it.

BUT I was successful cause he brought it to the softball game and was listening to it.

So take that world!

He gave me a list of songs to upload by Abba, Rod Stewart, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Carol King, Beach Boys and Duane Eddy. And that's all he wanted.

For now anyway, I'm sure he'll have a new list for me when I go back home.

And I got to teach him how to use it, though I'm guessing Mark will have to give him a refresher course tomorrow.

I didn't get time to figure out the extra speakers cause I was already running late.

FOR OUR LAST GAME OF THE SEASON! except we decided to add another one next week. Which means I'll have to talk Superwoman into letting me leave at 5. We'll see how that goes.

I played like crap - the one time Dad comes - but everyone else did okay, including my brother who pitched and actually got all three outs in a single inning. I really like hitting off this pitcher so I kept reaching for everything.

Cause I refuse to be walked. I've only walked 2 times in the what like 7 years we've been playing? I think it's 6 or 7.

Oh well, we won it 11-4, even after we gave them an extra inning.

And they wanna play again next week so we agreed to take them on. Even though we're up 2-0.

That's okay, we can make it 3-0 and then get ready for next year. I'm bummed there's only 3 games this year. Last year's was great cause we had like 6 cause we played everyone twice. This year we're down to only 2 teams total so that kind of killed that.

We think they're scared of us so that's why they all dropped out. You know, cause we're just that awesome.

When we're all here that is. We were short last week - though still won - and tonight we were still missing some key players but hopefully next week the whole gang will be back together.

After the game G and I went out for ice cream, as usual, and I headed back cause it's more work tomorrow.

Now Carter and I are jamming watching some Iron Chef.

On to the music. 

Bohemian Rhapsody - Muppets


the boyfriend and i heard this at applebees and went what?

oh yeah, forgot they made one of these...

Royals - Lorde


catchy. i can't decide if i like it or not. i'm starting to. i think.

legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment