I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, September 12, 2013

"If he was easy to find the books would be called 'There's Waldo!'"

Today I was a Ninja of Awesome.

That's right, I rocked it.

Showed up early, worked with some volunteers, put together shelves - though to be fair, BossLady did most of the work.

She enjoys her mallet.

And dropping shelves so the ends fall off.

Though that is highly enjoyable.

But loud.

But highly enjoyable.

After that I put together my TAB minutes, sent them off by email, and talked to 3 of the 4 bosses who will need to approve when I ask them if I can take the kids to see Catching Fire as part of the Catching Fire party.

I think if they pay their own way and find their own transportation to get there it might actually work.

So far I'm 3 for 3.

Though one of the big pushes for it is if I challenge the kids to read the book beforehand so we can discuss the differences between the movie and the book afterward.

Which means I'll have to read it.

I know, I know, I'm horrible. I was the one who read Hunger Games in college before it got big then recommended it to everyone and then got 2 jobs and started school so there was no time for me to read the rest of the series.

The worst part being the people I recommended it to - Slim Shady & Fearless Leader - read it immediately along with the rest of the series.

So it's just me.

No, I don't know who she ends up with - if you tell me I will scream and throw things - and no I have no idea what happens in the next book but I'm assuming it has something to do with the President being pissed off about how that last one ended.

So I should probably read that and soon.

After all that I headed over to the practicum.

Practicum Count-Up 26/90. 

Today we spent actually shelving our libraries.

The nice people from maintenance moved our boxes (and boxes and boxes) of books from the main building to the men's and women's buildings that we're setting up our remote libraries in so today we spent in the women's building going through all the boxes and shelving the items.

I pulled them all out and made piles - fiction and nonfiction - then divided up the fiction into groups - and I blame this on our DVD organization at work, but hey I was the one to pick those so I'm allowed, A-F, G-N, O-Z - while he sorted and shelved the nonfiction.

And because I am a ninja of awesome the fiction fit perfectly.

Like literally, it went to the very end of the shelf with room for no more.

It was like we planned it that way.

See? Proof positive. Ninja of Awesome.

Then we went back to the main library for rootbeer floats - best practicum ever - and made plans for Tuesday. Which is when we'll officially set up the men's library.

After that it'll be staffing the desk and all that.

Should be fun.

He always has uplifting catchphrases for when I leave, "catch a wave" etc. This time it was "Go Big Red!"

Yes, he's a Husker fan as well, which makes it even more enjoyable cause we can talk Husker football.

Which I can't do at work cause clearly no one is as diehard as me.

Though I did skip the awesome game last week because I went to the races with the boyfriend.

Cause I'm such a nice girlfriend like that.

I'm hoping we play against UCLA the same way we played this past weekend. But we shall see. Last year's was not pretty.

After practicum I went shopping and bought birthday presents for my father and sister.

And called and sang horribly, as is tradition.

Tomorrow we're having dinner at the cabin to celebrate. There will be steaks and much rejoicing.

He did turn 70 afterall.

After shopping came back here, did some editing, wrapped the presents and turned on Big Bang Theory.

Got season six today while shopping, bazinga!

Clips of the Day:

Here's what happens when double date night turns into game night.

Girls vs. Boys



That's good but the next one's better.



took me twice to realize she looks straight at the camera at 2:11.

but I keep watching it over and over to hear Sheldon scream at 1:07.

think i found my new text message alert.

and I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment