I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Rootbeer Floats = Best Practicum Ever

I'm really liking these half and half days.

They don't drag on and I'm able to escape after getting yelled at by crazy old ladies.

They're the worst because they belittle you.

With men they're just mad and yell, but women calmly hurl insult after insult making you feel like a tiny defenseless being.

So that was fun.

Not.

Reference Questions of the Day:
Question: What's a five letter word for small silvery fish? 
Answer: Smelt

Question: Do roaches lay eggs in books?
Answer: Dear God, I hope not. 

So I'm at the practicum right, and we're doing more sorting and stamping when all the sudden this bug crawls out of a book.

And not just any bug, a big huge roach bug creature thing that's all crawling and disgusting and just blah.

Needless to say we put that book outside - and when I say "we" I mean "he" cause clearly I wasn't going to pick it up - and then when we left it was gone.

So either someone stole it or roaches ate it.

Either way I want nothing to do with it.

Other than that the practicum is going awesome. We were in the women's building today going through our collection. We're actually out of a shelves - which is a good problem to have in a smaller library - so we're going to have to do a bit of shifting.

Practicum Count-Up: 17/90

We got done a bit early so we went back to the main building and he asks, "do you like rootbeer?"

Heck yeah I like rootbeer.

Apparently he had brought rootbeer and icecream for some event earlier and there were leftovers.

So we ate rootbeer floats as we made plans for Thursday.

Which will put me at 20 of my hours, woohoo!

Is flying by and I'll miss it when it's over.


Tonight I had a meeting with the Library Goddess plus Comrade and then another classmate/former coworker. He did a stint in our music library for his practicum and the three of us will be taking Comps in October.

Even though I've been to 2 of these review sessions and led 1 myself it's a rule that I attend the one right before I take them.

So I got to review all the tips and rules for The Week From Hell.

Or so I'm calling it.

We get our questions on a Saturday so we're thinking of meeting up - the three of us - on Sunday to brainstorm.

It's allowed. So long as we don't copy each other's papers.

Which would be stupid because then we would both fail - they go to the same person.

Having someone proofread your papers is also allowed so I'm thinking of asking Superwoman - cause she knows all about the subjects - or The Cool Aunt or Oldest Sister because they're accomplished writers.

Or perhaps a combination of the both.

I don't know. I have a month and a half to figure that out, but the hints and tips are already online so I should really get started on researching those early.


So that was my day.

That lady calling and yelling shadowed everything else from work - except for that fish thing - so I don't have any other highlights from this morning. Afternoon was practicum, evening was meeting, after which I went grocery shopping and picked up Elementary Season One.

Cause I love Lucy Liu, and Sherlock Holmes, and think the twist that Watson is Joan instead of John is intriguing.



It's actually quite lovely.

And the cause for this entire post being written with a British accent.

But you know all about that quirk.

I hear someone speak in an accent and I speak back in that accent.

Which is why I have to pause at work whenever I hear someone talk in an accent. Because that would just be disastrous.

So, tomorrow, full day at work, volunteer training in the afternoon and then I get to switch cars with Mom.

Oh yeah, been driving her car this week since mine is in the shop getting new tires.

It's nice to have a boyfriend who notices things like the need for new tires so I don't get stranded somewhere in the middle of winter.

Lord knows I know nothing about cars or tires or when they need changing. Or how to change them.

Sorry.

Not a skill I possess I'm afraid.

On the music:

American Girl - Bonnie McKee


because I know that whenever my car explodes i use the fire to roast marshmallows.

it scares me that she's 29.


Now back to Elementary.

You should really watch that clip, it's delightful.


Plus I should you know, do something with these bandages. For the fourth time today.

This one hurts a lot more than previous years. Perhaps breaking it open twice was a bad idea.

You'd think I'd have enough scar tissue built up by now that it shouldn't even bust open.

The classmate/former coworker says soon it'll just turn into zombie-mode and stay that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment