I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Like I'd ever dry myself with something that has a possessive pronoun on it.

You knew it was gonna be an off day when I woke up an hour early to go to work early and sit in the basement jamming to Red Solo Cup with the Queen of the Known Universe.

My mother would be so proud.

She loves that song.

Husker gameday.

As a fan I love it.

As someone who works downtown where they sell my parking lot out to the public even though I've already paid for it I'm not so much of a fan.

So, woke up way early - cause it was a morning game - got my coffee from the vending machine and jammed in the basement listening to country music.

She had the same plan that I did and actually got there about half an hour earlier than me.

Jammed for a while before heading upstairs for actual work.

Where it was dead.

We joked in the morning about how many people were going to come in today.

I said 20.

Though when they changed that to how many not including those just on the internet or just to use the bathroom my number changed to 2.

My 2 volunteers.

It was a sad day for Husker Nation.

We're were rocking, up 21-3 at one point and then the second half came and they beat us 41-21.

Eerily similar to last year's game against them, though this time it was in our house.

Was totally bummed.

As was most of Nebraska I'm sure.

We're all nerds like that.

BUT I got to spend the last part of my day at the home branch with the Queen of Awesome so it evened out.

Now I'm at home with tomorrow off!

Softball game in the afternoon, the first of our regular season.

Though I guess our regular season has been cut down to just us vs. the Methodist's 3 times.

The other flavor Lutherans are scared of us and the E-Free don't have enough players.

Or at least that's the story I'm telling people.

I'll miss being mercenaries while playing on their team.

But it's on for tomorrow man!

Though, whilst comparing war wounds yesterday with my brother - he slid too - I was reminded I should wear pants so as not to break open my leg yet again.

He did it once and complained about how gross it is then called me crazy cause he would never do it again yet I continue to do it every year.

So. Pants.

Fine.

Sketch wins.

I predict a college anecdote is headed my way soon.

And I'm out.

I will deny this later.



Back to Big Bang Theory.

I love Sheldon.

No comments:

Post a Comment