I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Someone told me long ago, there's a calm before the storm, I know it's been coming for some time.

Should I be worried that someone got to my blog by Googling someone's name with the subtitle "the KFC slut"?

What kind of stuff am I posting on here?!


So my dad got struck by lightning today.

Dead serious.

I'm just glad he's not dead period.

Apparently being on the four-wheeler saved him cause of rubber wheels. I don't know if that's true or not - science was never my strong-point.

I do know that usually when someone is struck by lightning they go to the hospital to get checked out.

My dad on the other hand refused. Even after his favorite/pharmacist daughter told him that was a bad idea.

Not all that surprising. Remember the months and months of white walls and sterilized equipment posts? He seems to go to the hospital once a decade and then gets stuck there to fix everything that he neglected to go there for through the years.

This time there might be long term damage. Oldest Sister said the effect was immediate cause he went home and told Mom to stop mowing - you know, before he went back to work - and he never tells anyone to stop working so something must be wrong. She thinks his next hobby will be flower arranging.

It was interesting because I found out right before practicum so I walk in in this weird state of shock, not fully believing that he actually got struck by lightning.

Cause c'mon, who of you knows someone who was struck by lightning? Show of hands? Granted I can't see you raising your hands, but I'm guessing it's slim to none.

Besides my family who can now raise their hands of course.

Anyway, so I tell Mr. BossMan Tom and then go on to explain his other famous injuries.

Drill-bit through the hand, falling out of a tree while chainsawing, and my personal favorite running himself over with a car.

Which also, show of hands on that one? Anyone? Anyone? Nope, didn't think so. I mean, people get run over all the time, but do they ever run themselves over?

He was washing it and he put it in neutral and tried to walk it and his foot got caught and- it's a whole long story, whatever, the point is I'm listing all these things out to Mr. BossMan Tom and I finally realize where I get all my klutziness from.

I mean, Mom has her blonde moments every once in a while - "what's the abbreviation for 'no'?" "Um, no?"

But Dad truly takes the cake on injuries.

Though I'm not the only sibling in my family with klutzy injuries, I mean Oldest Sister blew out her knee doing laundry so...

Aside from that the day was interesting on its own. Worked at the home branch this morning. Listened to their new supervisor do a Toddler Time where she sang a song from Barney.

Which was then stuck in my head all day.

I hate Barney.

With passion.

Stupid purple dinosaur.

Queen of the Known Universe tried to fix it with her own headphones, thanks for that.

Plus, I made up these posters for the libraries we're building for practicum and had them laminated by the place across the street. It was funny cause I uploaded them last night then got this phone call from the lady all frantic this morning saying she's not going to have them done. Then when I go over there on my break I'm like right outside their door when she calls to say they're done. AND I KNOW HER! Cause she comes into the work branch all the time so that was amusing.

It decided to rain today, but only when I was outdoors walking to my car to leave for practicum and then when arriving at practicum - stopping in between while I was driving, which was crap cause it started again right as I was getting out of my car to go in.

Practicum Count-Up 32/90. Flying by. Today I made our check-out slips and decorated the boxes they'll go in. We put up the signs in the women's library and then went over to the men's to work more on that. Still not finished shelving, but the slips and box are there if they want to start checking stuff out.

We listened to a rain playlist today instead of the Beach Boys. It ranged from Jack Johnson to Gun-N-Roses. Huzzah for YouTube.

After that I came home to do homework. The boyfriend is still sick which means I haven't seen him since like this weekend.

Was it this weekend? I can't even remember I just know it's been too long.

When did I turn into one of those girls.

Seriously?

When did that happen?

I used to be so independent.

I still am mostly, but I do like spending time with him and wish he would just propose already so we can stop driving back and forth!

I know, it's not romantic at all, but it would be practical!

Which is sort of quasy...ish romantic.

Right?

Okay maybe not.

BUT I did get a lot of homework done tonight. Which is good cause it's done Sunday night. I wrote the paper, all that's left is citing and graphs. Which I may or may not do after I post this depending on my energy level.

Oh and I watched the new Star Trek movie.



I love Benedict, he's awesome.

Oh, I mean, go Starfleet!

Or whoever it is you root for in Trek... I'm sorry, not a Trekkie, more of a Wars girl.

Speaking of Wars, that whole "we'll fit" thing, total Millenium Falcon reference.

Just saying.

But it was good, I'd say 8/10 on the Scale of Awesome. Worthy of purchase, though I don't have the first one so there's one for the Xmas list.

On to the Music:

Have You Ever Seen The Rain - CCR


also on the playlist and the one that stuck with me as i drove home.

you know, after it had stopped raining cause i wasn't outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment