I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Slow it down, read the sign so you know just where you're going.

Well, my car was clean.

Until I had to drive it on wet gravel.

Then that all went away.

So the plan for tonight was softball, remember?

Was supposed to be the first game of our regular season, however, the game got rained out.

BUT I still ended up at the farmhouse because of yet another adventure involving white walls and sterilized equipment.

I feel like I use that phrase so often that it should have its own tag.

So, I'm starting one.

Basically, Grams is in the hospital and Mom is staying over but she doesn't have any extra clothes SO since I was going out for the game anyway I said I would pick up her stuff. THEN the game was cancelled but I was on my way anyway so I went to get it.

I called Dad beforehand and asked him to pack the bag so that I could just grab it and drive back.

I was there for a total of five minutes and this was all that he said:

-I packed my robe cause hers is ugly.
-Can a woman wear the same bra two days in a row?
-They're dresses because she doesn't wear pants anymore. She looks prettier in a dress anyway.
-When do I get that music thing?

I drove all the way back and brought Mom her stuff. The Cool Aunt was there with Grams and then Oldest Sister and her husband came to visit as well.

This was their reaction:

-His robe is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.
-No she can't, it deflates overnight.
-You'll be the best dressed person on the floor.
-Give it to him for Christmas.

I get the dress thing cause Mom currently has to wear a boot cause her foot is messed up, but the rest is questionable.

Though he did remember to pack her toothbrush and all that so you've got to give him credit.

We watched a bit of the Miss American Pageant while we were there.

You know they're supposed to be the most talented women in America.

Or so the commercial said.

Though watching their "talents" really made me question that.

Not that I wasn't already questioning it.

We were rooting for Kansas since she was kind of the anti-contestant-type.

Army. Boots. Tattoos.

Of course she lost, but still! that was our pick.

It's amusing to watch and make colorful commentary.

Alright, back to work tomorrow so I should get some sleep.

Hope you all had rockstar weekends.

Stop - Spice Girls


i love that the crowd goes nuts when posh starts to sing. though she is the one with the clothing line so i guess it makes sense.

and yes i know the dance. it's the same one in the actual video.

get over it.

legitimate pre-midnight post. holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment