I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I'm not staying here for dramatic effect I really don't know how to get down.

First TAB Meeting of the year and feeling good.

Got 7 new applications since last summer, 4 of which made it to today's meeting.

Most of which was spent joking around, try to keep it as laid back as possible.

Cause you know, they're teens. And they're here voluntarily. So I don't want to scare them off.

Did some introductions - Cod Sparkles and all that - then voted on some activity ideas for this year.

Thinking game night - but like life-sized games so candyland with color spaces on the floor, and angry birds with the pigs as balloons stacked up on cardboard boxes while we throw darts at them, jenga with real boards, etc. etc. - movie night - whatever is new and exciting at the time - and then a murder mystery night.

Those are just the spring, the fall stuff is more crafty - they're making sculptures to celebrate Day of the Dead in a collaborative event with the art museum, and painting faces in yet another collaborative event this time with local schools.

And our Catching Fire party of course. Though they think that we should actually go see the movie and then come back and do all that other stuff.

Which means I have to talk to my boss.

Bosses.

I keep getting more and more bosses to report to. I wish there was just one, but that would be too easy.

Other than that my work day was pretty boring.

Except debating one of my bosses on why a whole section got missed when the aides scanned the collection.

She kept poking holes at my theories - maybe they were checked out, maybe they were mis-shelved, maybe they got pulled, maybe the scanner was broken - she had answers for them all but then I went with maybe the library gremlins took them and she had no rebuttal.

Cause there are library gremlins and they do meddle with things.

They enjoy messing with our heads, it brings them great amounts of joy and entertainment.

Itza monsta!

After work I went out to see the boyfriend. Drove around for a while in the rain, went to Walmart, watched some TV. We're getting old and boring, but Friday will be more active.

Dad's 70th birthday party at the cabin.

His cabin. That he built. And painted. And then moved half a mile before putting concrete under it and filling it with endless amounts of what I've dubbed "redneck rustic" items.

I'll take pictures and upload them so you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ducks, retro golf clubs, electric horses, minks, and movie theater seats.

Yeah, that last one didn't fit to me either but they are quite comfortable.

And that's all I got.

Early morning tomorrow working with volunteers before I head over to the practicum.

Clip of the Day:



and that's all I've got to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment