I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, September 22, 2013

"He about sang soprano on that one..."

Saturday:

It was gameday in L-Town which means the library was dead. Which is okay every once in a while cause then I can work on projects and book displays. Plus we have fun keeping up with the score. This was a good one, 59-20. Got to do my victory dance.

After work I met up with the boyfriend and we went to the races. A different track this time and it was pretty fun.

I have a new favorite driver.

Never thought I'd say that.

Felt like I should get a shirt to match the crowd surrounding me.

Never thought I'd say that either.

But I held off. It's not like I would wear it to anything other than the races and since winter is coming that's basically over.

Sketch thinks it's funny that I'm going to races after she's done having to go to them.

Sketch is my best friend from college, and neither of us are race fans.

It's not that we're girly girls, we both grew up on farms, but you know, it just wasn't something we would ever go to. Then suddenly we both find ourselves dating these race-obsessed boys who drag us there.

Okay, technically I wasn't dragged, and technically hers is more obsessed since he has his own car and driver, but now I find myself becoming a fan.

I'm fine I promise, don't send an ambulance to make sure I don't have head trauma. It's just really interesting to people watch.

Granted we're in the middle of Nebraska so I'm used to seeing a bunch of rednecks, but these are serious rednecks. And drunk rednecks who yell and spill beer and all that.

Plus I like to watch them crash.

Which makes me a horrible person, I know, cause what if someone dies, etc. etc. But don't lie, that's what you look forward to too.

So that was Saturday.

Sunday:

So originally I had two big sporty things going today. If you can call golf a sport. It's more like an activity.

Think I might have lost some diehard golf fans there. SKIP!

But really, it's kind of like cheerleading.

Okay, it's the opposite to cheerleading, but similar to cheerleading it's not really a sport. It's an activity.

Think I lost some cheerleaders there.

Anyway, so we were supposed to golf in this tournament this afternoon but then a church member died and Pastor had to stay back and since 2G would be lost without our Fearless Leader we decided to skip out and run errands instead. I got groceries. Huzzah. Watched some Grimm season two and took a nap.

For like 20 minutes before driving out to play softball.

First game of the season since last week's got rained out.

I'm stoked, we're all pumped, and then the game is about to start and we only have 8 players.

So we're like...well, crap.

So, the Methodists being nice sent over 2 of their players to play on our team.

One of which was our neighbor. Which I didn't realize cause I haven't seen him in like decades and decades.

To be fair, neighbors when you live on a farm aren't 10 feet from you, they're more like a mile from you. Plus he didn't have kids my age so why would I know him anyway?

They also gave us a pitcher.

Who - and this is amusing - only made 1 real defensive play the entire game and it was to throw his wife out at first.

So he was walking home and/or sleeping in the truck.

Thankfully we play best when we're scrappy and were able to pull it off 13-10. Even though we were behind for most of the game, our lineup was way weird, our field positions were way weird, and we had a dude from their team pitching. Thankfully he didn't walk a lot of people cause he's a good guy.

It was actually a really intense game. We play really well in the beginning and the end, that's always our theme. Not sure what happens in the middle, but that's when they always catch up with us.

We started out 2 up, then went up to 4, then they tied us at 4, then after some homeruns they took the lead with 9 which we came back to tie...like 3 innings later...then they got another and I thought we were screwed but last at bat Pastor got a 2 run homerun and then Steve O got a 2 run homerun and we held them so we pulled it off.

Barely.

I really like to hit off this pitcher cause he throws it backward so there's a spin on it.

Well, not backward, but like you know how underhand pitch usually looks like, but he throws it differently with a backspin and I can smack the crap out of it.

I had a really good one over center early on.

It was actually amusing cause I was walking to the plate and on a whim I said something like "help me out here grandpa" and then just killed it.

So I know what to do now in clutch situations.

Granted he was a pitcher, but still. Family legend says he was set to go pro and the day before he was gonna start he got hit by a foul ball and there that went.

I'm hoping next year we'll have the whole gang back together.

It's not the same without all of Who's Steve there to celebrate the good plays.

Though it was amusing to watch Favorite Sister-In-Law jump up and down after she caught the ball and then watch my brother run over and jump up and down like a girl as well.

And that's all I got for this weekend. Exhausted and it's back to work tomorrow so I'm gonna crash.

Song of the Day:

We Like To Party - Vengaboys


"who sings this song?" x4 "the vengaboys!" x4


Oh, and the title quote for this post was after my brother hit himself with a foul ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment