I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, July 13, 2012

Please don't tell me everything is wonderful now.

Today actually wasn't so bad. The Trainee helped keep me sane, though it was funny cause we pulled up the building and there were cops there. I rolled down the window thinking we should probably ask if we're in the right place before we park the car in front of a bunch of cops...

They had all the meals ready to go for us, though we ordered another so that kind of threw them off. Didn't take very long and the food was good, BBQ sandwich with beans, chips, and cookies for desert. All for $6 and it went to the Food Bank, woohoo!

After that the afternoon was pretty slow. Attempted to take a nap during lunch on the couch in the breakroom cause I'm not brave enough to sleep in the sickroom. I don't think I've opened the door and even seen the inside since my initial tour when I got hired.

I'm good without it, I'll sleep on the uncomfortable couch instead.

Made a lot of progress with my new booklist - it's on classics with a twist so like "Pride, Prejudice and Zombies" type, not all with the undead but there are a few.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite titles so far:

-"Bored of the Rings" by Henry Beard
-"Ophelia Joined the Group Maidens Who Don't Float: Classic Lit Signs on Facebook" by Sarah Schmelling
-"What To Expect When Your Wife is Expanding" by Thomas Hill

and then my alltime favorite:
-"The Chronicles of Blarnia, the Lying Bitch in the Wardrobe" by Michael Gerber

Awesome.

I'm tempted to get it through Interlibrary Loan just for the title alone.

But that's really all you need to get people to buy your book - a fun title, a flashy cover and some kickass reviews to go on the back, the contents don't matter until after the book is bought. Then it's allowed to suck cause you already got the money for it.

As much as writers actually get paid for their books, not so much. Unless you're like James Patterson or Rick Castle.

So, off all day tomorrow, huzzah! Getting my hair dyed and chopped in the morning - only like 5-6 inches which to you may seem a lot but seriously it's getting far too long and even that much is a small amount - after that I'll probably jam with the parentals for a while before heading back. Gotta work on Sunday but it'll be nice to have a lazy day at the farm tomorrow.

Song of the Night:


"Wonderful" Everclear

these guys were great, apparently they just released a new album i'll have to look into it.

They're going on tour with Sugar Ray, Lit and Gin Blossoms I would totally pay to see them all live.

Apparently my parents are much cooler than me as they went to a concert last night and they're going to another tonight. Country stuff, sounds like fun. But I work far too much so that kind of kills that.

But I'm off for camp soon!!

Which isn't really a vacation but I'm going to think of it as one for now anyway!!

And more application forms came today which means that I need to get return letters sent out now.

Yes the deadline was the 1st but I get them up until day of but what am I supposed to do, turn them away?

Rather be overloaded than be the camp that turns away kids.

So I'm off, not out as it's only like 7:14. Don't worry I'm not going to bed immediately, just gonna order food and jam with the boyfriend. Probably turn on some Warehouse 13 until he gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment