I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

little bit of devil in her angel eyes.

You don't realize how many open cuts you have on your hand until you try to sanitize it.

and I'm clumsy so I'm covered in papercuts and cat scratches. 

It burns dude. 

Today did not bite the big one, I was so proud!

Let me explain. 

Okay, so we had this big forensics presentation by the lab manager of the forensics unit. She came over and talked to the teens, but the teen programs at my branch usually bring in like 3-4 kids. And they're usually my teens and no outsiders really. This time there were 18, not including staff, so I was stoked. 

She was fantastic too. I took a criminology class in college and she was a guest speaker. Talked about blood spatter and all that, she's like 1 of 51 people in the US officially certified for that stuff. 

Anyway, so she talked a particular crime spree by a dude high on meth and how everyone lied but the forensics solved the case. and she was humorous so it was a fun presentation. Actually learned a lot, like did you know that pharmaceutical companies actually developed meth for WW2 pilots so they could stay awake and alert? But then it started having side effects and everything went south. 

So she was great and the kids were into it, actually came up with decent questions as well. Though mine got the best answer. 

She said she was inspired to join the police force cause she grew up watching Charlie's Angels. 

Hell yeah man, she rocks. 

Her favorite was Farrah. 

And apparently she had the hair. 

I love it. 

I go in spurts, but it's usually Kelly. 

Sometimes it's Kris. 

At times even Sabrina but that's only cause she has the best one-liners. 

"I love you, I'll prove it, You won't like it, I don't care."

Cause the show was written for her in the first place. 

Well, Kate Jackson the actress, not Sabrina the character. 

Actually she was originally lined up to play Kelly but wanted to switch at the last minute. That's why the pilot features Jaclyn Smith but Kate Jackson still gets top billing. 

After the pilot it's all about Sabrina for a while. 

Interesting that Jaclyn Smith gets last billing for first season yet she's the one that stuck around. 

Remember how I'm a nerd. 

Oh my god "Cajun Justice" is a real show? That's fantastic. 

Nerd. 

Moving on. 

So she was great, my favorite part of her presentation was toward the end, was wrapping up and mentioned the crossdresser and I'm standing next to Girlscout who missed that part. She was like "what?!" "yeah, that's the dude he got the blonde wig from." cause he thought it'd make for a good disguise.

After work I attempted to make supper - spaghetti and meatballs, it actually turned out pretty good. But half of it is in the fridge. 

I'd pull it out around 2AM, but I'm still on this early bedtime kick. 

Or attempting to be. 

Speaking of, it's 11:19 now so I should probably end this and crash soon. 


"Angel Eyes" Love and Theft


not bad. 

turning on some storage wars. it's entertaining yet easy to fall asleep to.


No comments:

Post a Comment