I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"I'm explaining our body/trunk situation." "Awesome!"

Oh, the smell of gunpowder in the morning. There will be even more of it tomorrow.

This is probably my favorite holiday. Well, this and Christmas. Maybe some Thanksgiving, nah, mostly 4th of July and Christmas.

Today was actually fantastic. Went to the right branch this morning, woohoo! Lunch with Slim Shady, conversation with Library Goddess about NLA conference coming up in October apparently I'm going both days, then a really interesting discussion in the backroom with BossLady and The Intern.

The last time it was just the three of us in the back room was with the bird so you knew it'd be an interesting hour, both times ended with us laughing hysterically. Basically it all started with talk about 4th of July plans and I told them about me driving one of my dad's cars in the parade tomorrow and my fear that he's gonna stick me with one of his slutty manikins.

Have I told you about the slutty manikins? I don't remember. Okay, so my dad is a collector and he has all these model trains and old cars and he likes to put these manikin women in them, I have no idea why, he just does.

Anyway, so the last time I came home Mom was like, you have to see the outfits he bought for his manikins. Dad brought one inside and my jaw just dropped. "Why do you have slutty manikins?!" "They're not slutty, that's how the girls dress on Hee-Haw."

Right.

With the button down shirts tied in front.



That's not slutty at all.

Everyone woman dresses like that on a regular basis.

So I had this fear that he was gonna stick me in a car with one and I told that to BossLady and I was like, "if that happens I'll wait 'til he leaves then I'll stick in the trunk, do the parade, then take a detour, take it out of the trunk, drive back to the start point and act like nothing happened."

I look over and she's laughing hysterically, and she hits me with, "I would call the cops and say 'I think I saw Carrie shoving a body in the trunk.'"

Yeah, there would be like a blockade at the end of the parade...

So then we changed it to putting one in dad's trunk, then calling the cops and saying something to the effect of, "I saw him shove a body in the trunk and I haven't seen my mom all afternoon..." He'd get through the parade and they'd pull him over be like, "Sir, we're gonna need you to step out of the car..."

Would be the best prank ever.

Though he probably would not think so at the time.

But thoughts for the future.

It is a serious small town parade though. Floats and tractors and all that. Is Nebraska the only state that includes tractors in a parade? Total rednecks. I'm guessing they don't exactly make an appearance in any parades in New York.

But that's just a guess.

After work I packed up my fireworks, bought far too many, but now I have my tanks for the epic tank war between myself and Bubby, more on that tomorrow, and headed out to the boyfriend's house. We went out and bought even more fireworks then went back to watch the town's firework show. Jammed with his parents for a while, they're pretty cool. Sane. Which I appreciate immensely.

Though she did mention something about worrying she'll never have grandchildren. We'll see about that.

Big day tomorrow so I should probably konk out. Finally talked the boyfriend into coming out and driving in the parade. He's gonna save me from the slutty manikin. I sense a story.

And not a good one.

But that's true for most of mine as of late.

Alright, soon to be out, here's a couple of songs that were stuck in my head all day for no reason.

"A Little Bit Stronger" Leighton Meester

originally by Sara Evans, covered by Leighton Meester for Country Strong and Jordis Unga on The Voice.

love it. don't get me started on Jordis, we'd be here for a while.

If you want to read them find a "voice" or "jordis unga" tag.

"Mario Live"

it was the theme song that was a stuck in my head, but oh my god so cool! dude performs the entire first level of Super Mario Bros. Live. love that flag at the end.

OUT!

ps -  i enjoy immensely that now i get to have a tag for "slutty manikins". awesome. will attempt to use it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment