I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, July 22, 2012

don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself...

Saw some old friends at church this morning.

Kid I grew up with who's getting married soon and my Delayed...Reaction partner who is going to make a teen camp appearance, but just for a day. Probably not enough time to write a song and film it, but it'll still be fun to jam out for a while. 

We didn't write a song last year, as he is all grown up and married now I'll have to find a new partner and revamp D...R. 

Cause it's just not D...R without him. 

He's the Hamilton to my Jane Fraser, seriously man. 

Anyway, after that was the extended family extravaganza. 

And I'm awful because I could maybe tell you the names of about 10 people there total and they all sat at my table. 

Except my great aunt. 

But we had fun, joked around with my brother, favorite (and only) sister-in-law and their kids, plus my mentor, parentals, and my uncle the artist and his wife. 

Gotta send a shout-out his way as he actually reads this thing. 

Got some good advice from him and his wife today about the stress madness that will be this fall/spring. 

I'll get through it, got a lot of people rooting for me. 

After that it was all HeeHaw. 

For serious, I went home and worked on skits and then Dad got there and was like, "I taped a bunch of HeeHaw episodes and have them set up for you."

He neglected to mention that "a bunch" meant 62 episodes, all set so that when I hit play they immediately started the "where oh where" skit. 

He either really loves me or he really loves HeeHaw. 

I got through about half of them and left with about 15 minutes of HeeHaw recordings on my phone. 

It would have been 20 but my phone went, "seriously?" and decided to freeze instead. 

Anyway, spent about an hour listening and typing them up, plus transcribing the ones that Dad had already written out. 

I didn't know it was possible to have worse handwriting than my own. 

Even Mentor makes fun of my handwriting and she was the one that taught me how to write in the first place!!

My Kindergarten-like 3rd grade teacher (plus art and english after that) now turned fellow camp Skits & Worship leader. 

Who keeps wanting to pass the baton, but I will have none of it. 

Cause she will forever be the mentor. 

We attempted to write a song last year and ended up with just another verse to "Oh Lord of Light". 

You can read 2G's version of that here: My Life in Closed Captions: 2G's version of Oh Lord of Light

Not the one we taught the kids, but it's the one that 2G took away from the experience. 

Speaking of 2G, the golf tourney is quickly approaching. It's on man, we practiced and everything. I even bought some tall tees and bright yellow Spongebob golf balls. 

Because he annoys me which will motivate me to beat him to a pulp and hit him farther. 

Alright, I'm all skits'd out. I'll finish them tomorrow. 

Or the next day. 

Or Thursday night like always. 

But that's okay cause I'll be there earlier this year and I'll bring my printer like last year. So much easier to pass out copies when you have more than one. 


"Keep Your Hands To Yourself" Georgia Satellites



song just reminds me of Sweet Home Alabama

"you have a baby. in a bar."

Gonna turn on some Wipeout and crash. 

Ha.

You can take the girl out of the honky tonk, but you can't take the honky tonk out of the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment