I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, July 14, 2012

It's not like you're bringing home a Subway.

Got to semi-sleep in this morning, then headed out to the awesomeness that is Donna's to get my hair chopped and dyed. For some reason I run into other people there as well, this morning it was Beth one of my camp lifeguards who I just happened to go to grade school with once upon a time. We talked camp stuff it was amusing. Then Donna regaled me with stories of animals, family and camping. The usual topics, she's always fun to jam with.

I think she secretly looks forward to me coming out just because of the wild hair colors I've had in the past.

It was probably around 6-7 inches that got whacked off. Feels a lot better and camp will be a lot cooler. And it's red. But not like red red like I used to, just dark red with blonde like last time.

I have to remain a professional. Well, paraprofessional. And people probably couldn't take me seriously with the fire engine red hair.

That and I don't think the boyfriend would approve. He immediately flashed back to high school when I told him I was getting it dyed. Nope, not that extreme.

Though Superwoman did give me points for it once upon a time when I was a temp.

I think I'm currently at 146 or maybe it's 146.5 I'll check the email tomorrow. Still behind both my mother and Space Cadet. And I'm sure once I get close they'll both do something good and will go up another 50.

But then what would I have to aim for really if I passed them.

Anyway, so yes it's dyed. My favorite I think of the dyeing it when I was a temp is that Boss's Boss's Boss went to introduce herself to me then realized she already knew me so like stopped mid-motion. Made my day.

After all that was done had to catch up on my Swamp People with dad as he had a bunch saved up for me. Watched the last two of the season so I'm good for a while. Then watched some Closer on Mom's DVR and took a nap. Mom was off in Iowa with the Cool Aunt. Going to movies and buying me shoes.

She sent me a picture before she bought them, they are pretty wicked sweet Nebraska-esque ones.

Which is good cause mine are falling apart. Not surprising as I drag my feet and they get pretty scuffed up. I go through them fairly quickly.

Shoes and headphones.

Which I broke today as well.

But I have spares so I'll pull those out when I leave tomorrow morning.

Songs of the night:

So if you're on Facebook you probably noticed these from yesterday but I figured I'd post them on here anyway.

The Brown Derbies. Acapella group from Brown University started like 30 years ago and gets new members every year.

These guys are fantastic you gotta watch these ones.

Rediscovery of the week so you'll probably see more of their videos throughout the week.

Though my favorite of their songs is the Friends theme remake these ones are right up there.

"Faith" - George Michael

love the second verse harmony

"Not Over You" - Gavin DeGraw

awesome

out for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment