I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, July 7, 2012

people gonna be okay, storms never come to stay

Interesting day.

Woke up at noon to eat with the parentals.

Went up to the church at 1 to work on camp stuff, ended up working until 9.

Only took one break and that was for ice-cream around 4ish.

Crazy crazy planning process. But we assigned counselors to campers and campers to cabins, fixed the songbooks and added the new stuff, printed and stuffed all the return letters, came up with an impromptu plan B schedule if we can't go tubing which is a big possibility. Plus tallied and ordered some t-shirts.

Then ate pizza.

So it was a long process but didn't make for a long day. We have a lot of fun.

And it's good that we got it all done so we can go golfing tomorrow. Early church then heading out to the course for 18. Should be fun. I'll come back after and hit up the reunion if it's still going. Sad the sister-in-law can't make it, but timing-wise is probably bad. We'll go again. G-Wigger just got a new golf bag it's like Packers green and yellow with logo all over it. Niiiice. Should get one of those. Not a Packers one, but still.

Though I'd only use it once a year.

And would need a place to store it.

And my trunk is already full of camp stuff.

But see, it's less for me to pack!

That's why it stays!

Okay, that's mostly why it stays. I just really don't have the motivation to carry it up all those stairs. It's a lot of crap. I'll take it out this year after camp.

Gonna take some more Benadryl and call it a night. Swelling is mostly gone but it's still a little sore. Which wouldn't make tomorrow much fun.

Speaking of soreness, so we hadn't seen Dad in a while so Mom called and he's like cutting down trees - in the dark - to make sure the pivot doesn't hit them and he says that he scuffed his arm a little.

He gets home and it's like disgusting. I could only look for half a second before I turned away and wanted to vomit.

I'm not so good with blood and gore. Which isn't generally something you want to hear from someone who's certified which reminds me that I need to get that renewed. Anyway, so it was gross and he probably should get it checked out but he's Dad so he won't.

Apparently he fell down a bank with a chainsaw.

But it was off so it's okay.

Not like he fell off a tree with it still running.

Still, cutting down trees in the dark with a chainsaw doesn't seem like much of a logical choice.

But whatever works.

And that was my day.

I'm sure I'll have plenty to say about tomorrow so I'm gonna crash.

"How Bad We Need Each Other" Marc Scibilia

i have those shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment