I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, July 16, 2012

Dick Cheney, Vampire Slayer

Hit up "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" with the "oh wise one" aka my smart Valedictorian friend from high school.

She reminded me that the last movie we saw together was another Sci-Fi wait-what-just-happened movie way back in like 2006ish. Though you may remember it as X-Men 3: The Last Stand.

Afterwards we walked around town and talked about tennis, and we did the same tonight.

Our plan originally was to at some point get together and play tennis. I suck and the last time I remember  actually playing tennis was in grade school. And the majority of that PE class was spent running.

Cause I'd hit the ball over the fence.

Not the net, the fence surrounding the courts.

Then Schomberg was like, "go get it."

Crap.

So I'd go get it, bring it back, and hit it over the fence again.

But I blame that on the Williams sisters.

Though I don't think many people can blame bad tennis playing on the Williams sisters.

My excuse is that I feel the need to like slam the ball really hard cause you have to have that whole grunt factor thing - who doesn't watch tennis just to hear them grunt repeatedly? - but! apparently if you hit the ball too hard it will fly over the fence.

Especially if you're a grade schooler with no aim cause you never play tennis.

Where was I going with this?

Oh right, I suck, but she's good. And now I live in a apartment complex with a tennis court. And we have rackets, so we are going to attempt to play some tennis. At some point in the future.

And these courts have high fences so I think I'll be okay.

Running these streets would be obnoxious cause it's just houses and they have dogs and blah.

So I'll use that as motivation.

Anyway, so Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - we figured if it sucked we'd sit in the back and make colored commentary. But actually it was quite entertaining.


why yes, that is johnny cash.

Scale of Awesome isn't quite sure how to rate it, but I think I'd put it around a 7/10. Ish. 

I don't know, not something I'd see again, but the premise was so interesting that I had to see how they could make such a random and out there storyline work.

Though I don't quite believe that vampires fought in the Civil War.

It did have a cool historical aspect to it.

And she's smart so she's like, "Is that supposed to be Jefferson Davis?" and I laughed and then he called him Mr. Davis so I was like "heck yeah, it is!"

Flashbacks to watching election results during play practice and the creation of "John Thune Rocks My World" homemade t-shirts came to mind.

Anyway, Quotes of the night:


"You don't think he could pull it off? Dick Cheney, Vampire Slayer?"
"It'd be more like Dick Cheney, Everyone Slayer."... "I'd be more scared to be on his side."
awww, no love for friendly fire

"Mary Todd is gonna kick her ass."
the actress who played her was fantastic but it drove me crazy cause i couldn't place her. now with the help of IMDB i realize she is both Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim and Lucy McClane from Live Free or Die Hard aka Mary Elizabeth Winstead which i think i also discovered about her on here a while ago, probably in this post: My Life in Closed Captions: That poster needs more exclamation marks.: "Scott, if your life had a face I'd punch it." yep that's the one.

I could place Dominic Cooper but originally couldn't think of his name. All I could think of was "Mamma Mia Boy".

The dude that played Abe - Benjamin Walker - was pretty great with the ax. Very impressive. Apparently he actually worked on that for months so it would seem authentic.

The movie itself didn't have any one-liners but there were humorous physical aspects to it. So we did add some colored commentary when those came around.

So yeah, I'd say around a 7/10 on the Scale of Awesome.

Though not quite awesome enough to make me want to read the novel.

Alright, off to bed. As fun as 4-6 was today, it's back to the regular 9-6 tomorrow so I'm gonna turn on some Wipeout and crash.

Cause I'm into remakes this week apparently

Who Are You - Brown Derbies

at first i was like, wait what is this again? then like ohhh....got it.

Study Maybe - University of Maryland School of Medicine 2015

stick with it, highly amusing but probably moreso for people in the medical profession


out!

No comments:

Post a Comment