I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I'm farming and I grow it.

Okay, just a heads up, this post may be labeled as 11:50 PM, but it's actually around 1:30 AM and by the time it's posted it will be past 2AM. Like most posts it's back-dated, but this is the day I had.

It all started with the parade in the morning. The boyfriend came up and drove my car.

Literally, my car, my name is on the title. It's a long black Cadillac.

If you get that reference.

We were in the front part of the parade, which was actually really nice because we went through and then got the heck out of there. Abby Cadabra came with us and "threw candy". Actually it was more like she sat on my lap and looked cute while the boyfriend and I threw candy.

Which worked out okay, it was hot but not too bad in the morning. Then we hit up the firebarn for lunch, dad paid, they had BBQ stuff. Walked around to look at all the cars and all that.

Interesting day for our relationship.

Apparently we're married.

And supposed to have kids.

With brown eyes.

The first part needs kind of an explanation. Um, so we were walking around and as it's a small town I was introducing him to people when we ran into my dad's old hired hand. Well, he's not old, but former hired hand, there. Anyway, so he was like, "I used to work for your father-in-law on the farm." and the boyfriend goes, "okay" and then Joe keeps talking and then takes off, and there was no real time for explanation, so when we went to lunch with mom and dad it was like, "okay, so Joe may say something about meeting your son-in-law, umm...yeah, no."

The second part is pretty much self-explanatory, my siblings give us a lot of crap and we both have brown eyes.

As for the two of us, it was a pretty good day. After the parade, intros, and lunch we headed out to the farm for some air conditioning, caught the last 35 in the best 100 songs of the 90's list on VH1. Got pretty invested, had to watch it all the way through. Between the two of us we know a lot of music, and of course he guessed the number one song. But it's hard to guess when you've missed the first half of the marathon and don't know what's already been listed.

After that was the annual tank war. Bubby and I have a running competition in which we line up a bunch of tanks facing each other, and attempt to light them all. Then whoever has the most tanks that aren't completely toast wins.

I won this year, though not by much. I won last year as well, up until he stomped them into pieces, pointed and said "I win" then lit off some more fireworks. Cheater.

Quotes of the Day:

"Fill the gap!" power trip on four wheels, long story. But we plan on using it for many occasions such as "Fill the gap Martha, you're sucking it up!" I'm sure he just loves that nickname.

"It's not skanky beer." See, when I hear skanky I think of it as an adjective to someone being skanky. Not old beer. It's like if you drink it you become skanky or something.

"Toenails!!" 
"Just like labor." I was holding the newest addition Tessa Jo and she had long toenails so when she jammed them into my leg I was like, ouch! toenails! and they teased me about that's what it feels like to go through labor.

I told them to give me 5 years. Minimum. Probably more.

"Found another parachute."
"Awww, crap." the endless amount of parachutes, I can still see them chasing them down, literally chasing it was pretty windy.

I'm sure there's more but I'm totally blanking. I'll add more tomorrow.

"I'm Farming and I Grow It" Peterson Farm Brothers - parody of "I'm Sexy and I Know It"

my brother could have totally been all over it is.

I was gonna post some patriotic red/white/blue music but I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. Will post it tomorrow. Out for the night.

And yep, 2:07 AM.


No comments:

Post a Comment