I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"it's gonna be awesome, awesome, it's not 2 in the morning, hey!"

Quote of the day:
Magician: "Grimm's Fairy Tales, terrorizing children for over 200 years."

So we had a magician come in today for a summer reading program. He was pretty good, very impressive. Most of the stuff you can kind of guess as an adult, but there were moments where I was like, wait, where the hell did that quarter come from he threw that in the cup!

I should throw this out fairly early in the post, it's currently 10:30PM. I'm on a crusade to start going to bed earlier as staying up past 1AM makes my mornings miserable.

The majority of the posts on this blog are timed at 11:50PM so they can be considered day of. I actually challenge you to find one within the past month that wasn't listed as 11:50something. So as part of this new rule no more back-timing, this girl needs to sleep. She'll already lose enough at camp as the freakin' night patrol I gotta enjoy it while I get it.

Not that I'm going to stop staying up all the time, it can't exactly be helped when your boyfriend works the night shift and sleeps during the day. But not as often as I have been.

What else did I do today that was good? Oh bought food for the Food Drive sculpture. They have a pretty freakin' awesome idea that I can't post cause it's still a bit of a secret but you should stop by later in the week to check it out. Bought a bunch of green beans cause they needed green cans. Grateful I didn't have to carry them up to the apartment, staying in the car until tomorrow when I'll drop them off.

It's amusing because the barrel in the staff room is practically full but there's nothing in the public one.

That will change once the sculpture is built. The point is to draw attention to the drive so you can get donations.

Though I'm guessing most branches consider it a burden rather than fun. I'm hoping they get into it, I mean the winner gets $50 worth of prizes from the Boss's Boss's Boss. For serious man.

Good other stuff, oh bought a squirt bottle. For the cat. No more biting, I'm tired of waking up to it. My arms are covered in scratches it's ridiculous.

Ummm....what else? Oh, sent the freakin' songbook that could have took like 2 days but ended up taking like 10 months, woops. But that's what you get for working 40 hours, directing a camp, and getting your master's all at the same time.

It's okay, staying busy is keeping me distracted from the madness that is me. If it's too quiet I get all into my own head and crap - hence the headphones - so having a task is good. Keeps me motivated and happy and all that.

That's not something you hear from many people.

Work makes me happy.

But it does, I like the people and the place, and I can actually see that I'm making a difference.

Though every once in a while I do need a break. Which is why tonight was nice to have no major obligations. Got some groceries and Warehouse 13 season three!! which I've been counting down for but not on here cause you guys already think I'm nerdy enough - did some laundry, ate the rest of those leftovers, did some more laundry, and now just about to start Warehouse 13.

But just like one episode.

Or I won't sleep.

And that would break this whole early to bed thing.

Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts, the show is like freakin' potato chips. There's no stopping until the fat lady sings...cause the bag's empty.

Alright, episode one of season three, then I'm out.

Here's a clip for you because I find it humorous. Just watched the ones from season three and can't stop watching the Jaime Murray stuff over and over. Her accent just cracks me up. And Allison Scagliotti makes me laugh all the time.

As season three hasn't been uploaded yet you're stuck with my other favorite,

 Season Two:



i love 1:15, not just one bleep but four.

and 0:43 was same thing Laura did on WMC set. just throwing that out there.


and she's posted and out of here by 11:05!

which is good cause her second summer reading program for teens is tomorrow and she's freakin' out!




No comments:

Post a Comment