I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, August 30, 2013

When you see my signal, unleash hell.

I told Superwoman this morning that today was gonna rock.

I was wearing my ass-kicking boots, I got my evaluation back and rocked that sucker, I had my iced coffee and it was Friday!

Take that world.

The day actually started off highly amusing.

Had to wake up early so I could drive my nephew to school. Picked him up at the house and then dropped him off.

So he's getting out of the car and I'm like, "do you have your lunch? don't forgot your backpack" and then I was like whoa.

Mom moment.

Flash forward to me dropping off children with train lunch boxes.

From there it got even more entertaining. Had time to stop for coffee, got my evaluation and a raise, worked the desk, worked the lab, trained a volunteer, checked stuff in, worked the desk some more and then I was off and headed over to Oldest Sister's house for movie night.

We got sushi, huzzah for takeout! Watched some tennis, good god, I'm glad we didn't watch all 4 hours of that match, I don't know how they were still playing...It was on when we put the movie in and it was still going after the movie was over.

And speaking of the movie, holy crap have you seen this one?



Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters.

Awesomeness, but so much darker than I expected to be.

A lot of funny moments though and I really like these actors. Jeremy Renner obviously you've got The Avengers, MI4, Bourne Legacy, and then you've got Gemma Arterton aka Io from Clash of the Titans and Quantum of Solace.

Plus - and it drove me nuts the whole movie I had to look it up - Famke Janssen the mom from the Taken movies and also a former Bond girl.

So we enjoyed our sushi and Second Sister stopped by cause her and the husband had a sushi date night of their own.

Quotes of the Night:

Oldest Sister: "He kept pushing on it asking 'does that hurt?'"
Me: "You should have kicked him in the head and asked if that hurt. Then called it a reflex."

Second Sister: "Well no one ever says 'you have great dog breath.'"

and of course

Gretel: *after man explodes all over everyone* "The Curse of Hunger for Crawling Things. I f*cking hate that one."


Now I'm home and watching Hollywood Game Night.

"Where's the bald picture of her? I know when that happened!"

I would have done better with the Britney timeline than I would have with the top toys one.

Alright, on to the music:

Upside Down - Paloma Faith


I rather like this one. Downloaded it today off iTunes and jammed out to it for the rest of the day.


So the irony in this next song is that I'm following this car:

Photo: Was following Auntie Em when Defying Gravity started playing on my ipod. Coincidence?

Look at the license plate - Auntee M - and then this song starts to play:

Defying Gravity - Idina Menzel


Coincidence?

For those of you who don't know, Idina sang this song in the musical production of Wicked which is based off the book series by Gregory Maguire about the Wizard of Oz, more specifically the wicked witch's story.

and i'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment