I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sorry Occifer, We didn't notice the light was red, we were too distracted by cotton candy grapes. No we're not drunk, they do exist.

The sad part is I'm serious, Cotton Candy Grapes, but I don't know that I want my grapes to taste like cotton candy.

But maybe that's just me.

Aww, and see watching this makes me want to watch the show all over again.



Though it's missing the line of all lines "We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants. I wouldn't hold out too much hope."


I don't really have much to say for today. Worked 9-6. Spent the majority of it brainstorming for my Ornery Old Men and Million Dollar Crazies booklists.

They are both highly entertaining, though I should focus on the Banned Nonfiction one first as it has a deadline in September.

Now they're trying to make me turn them into booktalks, but as I'm not a fan of public speaking I secretly cheered when all the spots were filled.

Oh, I mean, how sad. I was really rooting for me to make a fool out of myself in front of a bunch of old ladies.

Who I'm sure would be completely supportive and consoling.

Well, depending which group I'm referring to, or so I hear.

Anyway, aside from the booklists I had a polish dog for lunch....and some chips....and that's really all I remember about the workday.

Aside from the whole cotton candy grapes thing.

Which I still can't wrap my brain around.


After work I headed home and got ready for my first online class of the semester. We're only meeting online a couple times a month and doing discussion boards like five weeks out the entire semester and I think I have like 5 major assignments total.

So nice going back to one class at a time instead of that whole 3 classes with homework every night thing.

Which was fine, cause it burned through my 43 credits, but still all I have this semester for homework is Youth Services and then at the end of each month I have to write a summary paper for my practicum.

Which I should really look at the directions for before I go in tomorrow.

That's right people, day 2 tomorrow.


Whoa. Weird noises coming from my vent and now Carter is staring at it ready to pounce.

I hope there's not something in it.

Now he's staring around the ceiling like he's following it around.

Okay, calling maintenance tomorrow.


Where was I?

After being creeped out by the grapes but before being creeped about the mystery noises....

Oh right class, it was fine.

There are like 40 people in the class so an hour of it was spent on introductions - and it's all online so every time someone would speak it always started with "can you guys hear me?"

Then we went over the syllabus so it was very handy to have that interaction even though it's not in person.


Normally Carter's inquisitiveness just leads to someone getting bit but I'm kind of glad he's here in case some sort of creature jumps out of that vent.

He's the man of the house so he's in charge until maintenance gets here.

Perhaps I shall call them tonight instead.


On to the music:

Miss Baltimore Crabs - Michelle Pfeiffer


I'm not quite sure why her character was so proud to hold the title of Miss Baltimore Crabs, as it doesn't sound like something you want to spread around.

Tell people about.

Bad, bad, bad.

Tell people about.

Even sadder is that that is the sane version of Amanda Bynes.

Legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment