I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, August 25, 2013

this one longing to be thinner that one wants to get the girl and do i help them? yes indeed.

Yes, I took the weekend off.

No, I'm not lying somewhere in a ditch.

That's actually one of my favorite home branch memories - as horrible as it sounds, it's funnier now.

Basically my phone went nuts and my alarm didn't go off so I woke up late and missed part of work and since my phone was messed up I couldn't make or receive any calls to call in to let them know what was going on. By the time I finally got there I was like freaking out cause I thought I was gonna get fired and they started clapping cause I wasn't dead somewhere in a ditch.

Thanks for that guys.


Anyway, it was nice to have the weekend off but I'm back with a vengeance.


FRIDAY:

Slept in, it was glorious.

Then went shopping with Oldest Sister for shirts for work.

But we couldn't leave the store with just shirts.

Apparently, every female with a pulse is required to own boots.

It's some sort of contract that we sign when we're born.

And apparently cowboy boots aren't enough so I got another pair that my boyfriend calls "camo" but I call "steampunk". They're awesome.

The best part was that Oldest Sister hated them! And wanted me to get this other pair so I tried them both on and then she was like, ugh. I like your choice better.

Victory!

They have pockets.

I don't know what to put in the pockets but they're there.

And they're awesome so I wore them to work today.

And it turned out much better than that time I wore the cowboy boots to work.

Which is on here somewhere I believe. It just happened to be the busiest day that week so I was constantly running up and down the stairs with the boots, my feet were dead by the end of the day.

But today was much better and these are more comfortable. The boyfriend was stunned. Take that world.

Anyway, back to Friday, so slept in, went shopping, then headed out to see the boyfriend. He changed my oil cause he's sweet like that.

Then we watched Heat cause apparently it's the action movie to kill all action movies and neither of us had seen it.



Literally.

Scale of Awesome says about 6/10. It was alright but it wasn't all that. I did enjoy the cast though, they were good.

My problem was that I fell asleep about halfway through - we didn't start it until 9 since he didn't have to go in to work so it wasn't over 'til 12 and then I didn't get back 'til 1.

Which made Saturday even more interesting as I had to work.


SATURDAY:

So I was in zombie mode for most of the day, plus I felt like crap so it wasn't a fun day. But that's okay, worked 9-6, got to clean the bathroom after someone threw toilet paper all over the place, then came home and watched some Charlie's Angels.

Cause it's about that time again. Every few months I gotta bring it back. Starting with season one again.

I know, I know, but if I start at season one then by the time I get through season three I'll be distracted and then won't have time to watch seasons four or five where Sabrina leaves and we're stuck with crap.

Which I can only assume without verification as even though I own both seasons I've avoided them like the plague.

Also did some homework and lots of reading.



SUNDAY:

aka today.

Wore the boots, they're awesome. Will consider wearing them again tomorrow.

Spent the majority of my day working on booklists as Sundays are slow. Found some more crazy millionaires worthy of my Million Dollar Crazies booklist. Sent a copy to the Queen of Awesome, we'll see what she thinks of my list. I keep coming up with more! Tom Cruise, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Howard Hughes, Howie Mandel, Justin Bieber, Leona Helmsley, Robert Klark Graham, Gatsby, Tony Stark, etc. etc. Yes, I'm including fiction too.

Talked to some teens about joining TAB and they seemed pretty interested. Been seeing them around lately and the girl seems like she would really like it so I gave them both applications. Hope to see them in September.

What else?

Oh, had the song Poor Unfortunate Souls stuck in my head all day cause I have copies of Barbarous Souls checked out for my mom and every time I look at my account I see them and for some reason Ursula and her eels pop into my head.

And they drive me nuts.

After work went out to see the boyfriend yet again, we got supper, watched part of the VMA's and then jammed at Walmart buying donuts and checking out their $5 DVD selection.

It was thoroughly exciting, just enough of a break from reality that it was perfect.

So, now I am back and off to bed. More work tomorrow cause there's no rest for the wicked.


Song of the day:

Well, the week rather cause I've been singing it ever since I checked them out for her weeks ago.

Poor Unfortunate Souls - Pat Carroll


the ultimate villain song. her voice is perfect for the role. true? yes! 

i haven't seen this movie in a decade and a half, watching it now HOW COULD SHE TAKE THAT DEAL?! seriously?

kind of makes me want to go back and watch some of the other classics. now that i'm much older and a bit wiser i'll probably catch quite a bit more.

lady gaga's outfit reminded me of ariel tonight.

speaking of the VMA's dude!! NSync reunion!!



jump to 9:55 for the awesomeness.

the boyfriend wasn't an enthused about it as i was.

as i immediately texted Instacake.

cause that's how i roll.


and i'm out. hope you all had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment