I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

We have no tolerance for politics at the White House.

The boyfriend and I went to see The Butler.



Sorry, Lee Daniels' The Butler.

But apparently Lee Daniels doesn't like having his name in the title however they had to do it cause there was already a movie called The Butler.

Whatever.

Anyway, it was pretty good.

Scale of Awesome says 7.5/10 so good, but not something I want to watch again. Mostly cause it was wildly depressing.

I didn't realize it had that many people in it.

Robin Williams, Liev Schreiber, James Marsden, John Cusack, Alan Rickman and those were only the presidents.

Who were dead on, by the way.

Except Cusack, as much as I like him I can't see him as Nixon. Even with the nose extension.

The rest looked exactly like them.

Okay, maybe not Marsden, but Rickman, holy crap he was seriously a dead ringer.

No pun intended.

You can watch the preview for the rest of the big names but I was excited about David Oyelowo and Alex Pettyfer. Even though Alex played a complete jerk.

Speaking of him, Fall of Five came out today.

Fall of Five as in I Am Number Four, The Power of Six, The Rise of Nine...

here, watch this:



Yes, I'm a nerd, but you knew that already.

Guess I'll just have to stop at Barnes and Noble to pick up a copy.

Yes, I'm aware I work at a library and can get it for free.

But I like reading things on my own time and I already own the rest of them anyway.


Not much to say aside from that. Worked 9-1, got lunch and then headed out to the practicum.

Practicum Count-Up 11/90 so we're moving right along.

Did more stamping today. My hands are still covered in ink. Thursday will be the big move. Right now we're still in the main building but we got all the way through our collection so maintenance is gonna move it and then Thursday we get to sort and shelve.

Huzzah! Progress.

After practicum I stopped by to check in on Oldest Sister. She's living it up, sleeping and watching movies with her feet up with Mom there to cater to her every need.

They had nice bonding today watching tennis and eating salted watermelon.

Does anyone else do that?

Put salt on their watermelon?

Cause I think it's gross.

But that's how they eat it. Is this just a weird family quirk or do other people out there in the world do that?

Then I headed out to see the boyfriend. We went to the movie then spent the rest of the night talking on the porch swing before he had to head into work.

Now I'm back and ready to crash. Work plus class tomorrow so I'm out.


Song of the Day:

Tiny Dancer - Elton John



when I hear this song I think of two things.

This:



yes i do watch that show too much

and this:



yes i know i watch that show too much too.

speaking of, GUESS WHAT?!



that's right.

it's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment