I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, August 26, 2013

"You have great hair, can I touch it?" "What?"

Wore my awesome boots again to work today.

Queen of the Known Universe says I need to get something to put in the pockets.

Something specific but it probably wouldn't fit.

So now there's a debate going on as to what would fit.

Today was Monday but I was determined to not see it as a Monday. Mostly because I worked the weekend and I didn't want another Monday.

But I came in with an optimist's attitude - just trying it on for size - saying today was going to be good and it actually turned out okay. Which was shocking for a realist like myself. Though some may say pessimist.

Okay, mostly I say pessimist but have changed it to realist because pessimist just makes me seem like I'm mad all of the time.

Which is not true.

Just most of the time.

Joking.

Anyway, everything good became "take that, Monday!" aka answering reference questions like a pro, training volunteers, and ordering a banana split for lunch with the works.

I go there basically every day but this was only the second time I've ordered one and somehow majestically Superwoman was there - like she was the first time - and super jealous.

As mentioned, I go there basically every day, so they let me pick my three flavors of icecream. I went with cherry nut, peanut butter fudge and regular chocolate. Then cause I needed toppings - or so they said - I added some chocolate sauce, nuts and whipped cream.

By the end the lid wouldn't close and I had to walk through the library with everyone staring at me.

Photo: Banana split for lunch - I go there far too often they let me pick my flavors so I got cherry nut peanut butter fudge and chocolate.  Take that Monday!

Not that them staring is abnormal.

Speaking of staring, okay, so there is a reason that I don't wear my hair down at work.

Oldest Sister says that I should, I claim it's easier if it's up in a pony tail, which it is, but it's mostly because I get hit on EVEN MORE when it's down.

Like yesterday this dude was like, "did you dye your hair?" "no." "oh, well it looks nice. how's your day going?" etc. And then I'm stuck in this awkward conversation while he's signing up for a computer and no one around to make him stop talking to me. And the fact that he asked if I dyed it means that he's seen me before and knows what it usually looks like. Which creeps me out more cause I don't remember seeing him ever.

Then today this totally different guy comes up to me and says, "you know, you have great hair. can I touch it?" "what?!"

Um.

What the crap do you say to that?!

I'm gonna say no...but thanks.

Yes, that was a Friends quote. Deal with it.

But seriously? I'm like in the middle of volunteer training and I'm pretty sure my volunteer even did a double take. And I was basically like, "um, that's a weird question." and walked away talking to my volunteer.

He later came up to me claiming he was joking - good god I hoped so - but then continued talking about my hair.

Seriously?!

It needs chopped and dyed cause it hasn't been since like January. So why am I getting compliments now? In August?

When I don't want them?

Not that I want them from them ever anyway.

Though it would be nice if my boyfriend were to actually notice these things.

Anyway, so there is a reason I don't wear my hair down at work.

Even more amusing is the conversation I had with Queen of the Known Universe about it. Apparently she got hit on at lunch the other day as well so we said we should go out sometime looking hot and see what happens.

Perhaps bringing Wordie along with us to scare away the ones that aren't firemen or cowboys.

Don't ask.

It's a long story.

Alright, so that was my day. I'm off to edit some more before I crash. Tomorrow is another half and half day, work branch in the morning with practicum in the afternoon. Looking forward to it.

Song of the day:

Go For a Soda - Kim Mitchell


heard this the other day and went whaaat?

was this a legitimate song? like did it get airplay?


Clip of the day:

Ninja Cat


i'm sorry but this is hysterical.

and i'm pretty sure i had a nightmare similar to that once.

legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment