I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

All aboard the Babe Wagon!

You know how there are blah days and then there are really exciting days?

Today was one of the latter.

It all started with the Babe Wagon.

So the NLA - Nebraska Library Association - conference is coming up in October and Queen of the Known Universe and I have decided to carpool.

Since we need to be there by 8AM we'll have to leave at 5AM which means she's driving, cause clearly anything with me before 10 is questionable.

And, instead of driving her van 3 hours to the middle of nowhere, she has decided we should rent a pickup.

And not just any truck, a nice fancy one.

She's semi-obsessive about trucks, it's highly entertaining.

Combining this stylin' rental truck and our experiences this past week - aka getting hit on more than usual - The New Guy has dubbed it the "Babe Wagon".

Which we enjoy and have decided to chronicle our adventures with the Babe Wagon.

So look forward to that in October. I know I will.

The working title is "Adventures of the Babe Wagon" because if we were to call it "Adventures in the Babe Wagon" it might be taken as something else entirely.

We're thinking about getting t-shirts and having random men sign them with fake phone numbers.

1-800-CALL-ME!

and the like.

I'm sure Superwoman would LOVE us for that.

So most of the day - when we weren't swamped - we joked about the Babe Wagon.

Which made it quite the exciting day.

Add to that Mom - who is determined to remain the favorite staff mom - stopped by with cookies and fruit for the staff. We put them in the circ workroom and they were gone soon after.

So they were all thankful and she remains the favorite.


Plus the Library Judge and I had a conversation about the stereotypes of retired librarians.

We couldn't think of anything other than they get bored and become volunteers.

Which is true of one such retired librarian. :)


After work I came home, showered and vacuumed for reasons at work that will remain unexplained.

Then attempted to log-on to my online class for half an hour with no success.

Me, thinking it was just me having computer problems, started freaking out. Attempted calling both professors - to no avail - emailed them - to no avail - and then I thought, when in doubt, call the Library Goddess.

Cause she always knows what to do.

And yet again, she was the voice of reason saying: it's probably the site not your computer, give it time, don't freak out, you'll be fine.

And when the Library Goddess declares it to be fine then all is fine.

And she was right, it was the site not my computer, and the professor was able to email us a link that worked and we went from there.

It's so weird not having an assignment due for that class until September 22nd.

I'm too used to Summer classes when everything is due right away cause we only have a month.

Next up for me though is practicum paper #1 - we have one due at the end of each month - which is more of a progress report really. And then I think there's like a final final paper to sum it all up.

I'm sure I'll have even more to say after tomorrow.

And he came in today - which he does pretty much daily - and joked around with Superwoman.

I was helping a patron but I could hear my name and them laughing.

Which she does just cause I'm gullible.

Apparently cause I'm "sunny and happy" at the practicum I need to be "sunny and happy" at 9AM at work.

But, as previously mentioned, anything before 10AM is questionable. Which is why BossLady always schedules herself to be around if I'm scheduled to count money.

Just cause she knows about every 10 minutes she'll hear me yelling for her.

But I can't help it if it doesn't add up right.


So work was fun and class turned out okay, now Carter and I are watching Robin Hood.

The original animated movie from the 70's.

"Hiss! You're never around when I need you!"

This was always my favorite of the Disney movies.

Though I don't remember it being this depressing.

I've been watching a lot of Disney movies lately.

That clip from Little Mermaid over and over - scroll down a few posts, you'll find it - plus Sword in the Stone which is under-rated and awesome.

Though they all remind me of this particular Sketch and Edit.

Sketch and Edit Watch a Movie

Based off a speech by one of my friends in college and then expanded upon.

"Seize the fat one!"

Oh, well that's PC.

What's "Corpulent"? Searching Google.

Ohh, I like it.

I'm gonna use it.

Alright, off to bed after this.

The Phony King of England - Robin Hood


"Who's driving this flying umbrella?"

No comments:

Post a Comment