I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, August 5, 2013

Facebook newsfeed makes me feel like such a stalker.

Facebook newsfeed makes me feel like such a stalker.

She got married?!

He's going back to school?!

She's pregnant?!

Wait, his kid is how old?!

And then it makes me feel old because all of these people are either my age or younger.

Smo is sleeping on my couch - well, studying on my couch - so I'm yelling it all at her but she didn't know either. So I don't feel completely out of the loop, though I have been swamped lately.

First day back at work after being gone for a week and a half. Always hard to go back, but it's worth it.

Today was good, dredged through my 150 missed emails and like 30 incident reports all for stolen items - good god seriously? - updated the TAB website, sent out instructions on volunteer application process - cause it was inconsistent and I'm sick of it - sorted through CD cases - joy and excitement. Tomorrow will be more of the same.

After work went out to see the boyfriend. Pizza Hut for supper and then out to the lake.



What has come to be known as "our spot" is usually relaxing but tonight the teenagers were having a party and blasting really crappy music. We could hear it loud and clear even though they were at the other end of the lake. We were tempted to call the cops just to tell them to play better music but we held off.

I should also mention you can only get to "our spot" by climbing over about 20 giant rocks that move when you step on them. And apparently I'm not the agile farm girl who once climbed to the top of the quonset anymore.

If you don't know what a quonset is it's basically like a giant round building in which you keep your farm equipment such as tractors and combines. Go here

Anyway, it's big.

But snow had drifted against it and I thought, hey I can climb that. So I did.

Mom freaked. Dad got the camera.

One of many defining parental moments.

Other than the crappy music the night was good. Watched some PopUp video on VHS, ran into an old friend at Walmart, showed him the Rebel Wilson and Independence Day videos posted here this week.

Calling it a victory.

On to the music.

Had two songs stuck in my head all day. The second I listened to at lunch so there was reason for that one but the first....no reason to be in my head whatsoever.

The White Stuff by Weird Al.

Which I refuse to post because I hate that song.

But I will post the second.

The Sheik of Araby - The Beatles


lesser known of their songs, but good nonetheless. according to wikipedia the Beatles covered this song in 1962 at their unsuccessful Decca audition with George Harrison as the lead singer and Pete Best on the drums.

interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment