I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, August 8, 2013

I close my eyes and fly out of my mind, Into the fire

Felt like I was gonna pass out today at work.

I seriously thought it was appendicitis for a while cause I was burning up and every time I stood up I wanted to fall over.

Which killed the whole standing thing.

But of all the days to be in physical pain it happened to be the least busy of them all.

So that made it bearable I guess.

Think I had like 10 stats total, which is really bad since I was there all day.

Though technically the first hour I was guarding the music CD's - oh yeah, there's a guard desk now and it's only gonna get worse from there if the rumors are true - then I was at the front desk for a hour which is when I got all of my stats before leaving for lunch and then a meeting and then checking in 8 carts in the backroom in an hour leading into the final hour where we had like 10 people in the building total.

Ribfest, ugh.

I did get to see my adopted little sister though so the day wasn't a total waste.

And the meeting was good.

Our Youth Services crew is always amusing.

When talking about collection we told our commander in chief - aka Cabin Fever - to "buy the interesting ones and skip the boring stuff."

We're so specific.

And helpful like that.

But that's okay, she wouldn't be the commander in chief if she didn't know what she was doing.

So that was work.

After work I did some more laundry and attempted a Twin Peaks marathon.

I made it through one episode and went....that's messed up.

So no more of that.

Which is so WEIRD cause I'm usually all over those cult shows.

Cult show as in underrated, not as in, you know, like a show about cults.

Cause those are bad.

Cults, not shows about cults.

Though I'm guessing due to the subject matter those shows are also bad.

But possibly interesting.

If you followed that you're a genius.

I lost myself.

New topic.

Anyway, so to drown out all that weirdness I turned on some Wipeout - cause that doesn't have "weird" written all over it - and played some Lords of the Realm 2 - also doesn't scream "weird" even when played by a girl in 2013 sitting next to a cat shaved like a lion.

That's right, it's back!

Or it should be!

But I have a feeling if they tried to revamp it it'd turn out like the new You Don't Know Jack game.

Not as good as the original.

Yay 90's.

Don't like the new host.

Not the same.

Kills the whole game.

Anyway, I'm a nerd.

But you knew that, it's part of the reason you're here.

So nerdy in fact that the nights I don't spend with my boyfriend I spend with my cat playing video games, watching TV, editing or doing homework.

Cause other than that I really have no life.

Which is fine by me, actually I kind of prefer it that way.

Though this weekend has a lot going on. Golf tournament on Saturday followed by a softball tournament on Sunday.

That's right, 2G's at it again!! but this time we're on a new course. Hope their drink cart lady follows us around too.

Our drinking team has a golfing problem.

Cause we suck, but when there is liquor we don't notice we suck, we just get louder. And then everyone wants to join our team.

No, Pastor's pretty good, as is Homey G-Wigger now that she's got her Packer clubs.

But we really don't care about winning, our only goal is to beat Hillman and his team of ringers.

Although apparently Juwanna - aka the high school roommate - is playing this year so a new challenge.

It's on.

And that's all I got.

Must put laptop down so I can pack for massive weekend.

On to the music:

Throwback Thursday

Song You Know But Forgot You Knew It 

Sunny Came Home - Shawn Colvin


yay 90's.

and I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment