I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, November 18, 2012

What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas: Day Three

:: The buffet to eat all buffets
- Met up with the gang for breakfast at the buffet. Holy crapola was that a lot of food. The line was pretty substantial but once we got in I realized why. I think there were like 8 different sections of food. Basically, you sat a table then went in to pick what you wanted. I had fruit, biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast. The boyfriend had all that plus about 2 other plates full of food. Big brother had some sort of beef or steak or something, it was amazing the variety.

:: Starbucks vs. Walgreen's
- You know the Starbucks theory? How there is one every other block? I have a new theory. It's called the Walgreen's theory. Whilst in Vegas I saw only one Starbucks the entire time I was there, however, it seemed like there was a Walgreen's everywhere! It got to the point where - and I've watched this skit far too many times this is proof - every time I saw one the phrase "would be like a Walgreen's, there would be two on every block and four in every airport..." would pop in my head.



:: Roller Coaster in the Sky
- So remember the boyfriend's obsession with roller coasters? And how we rode on them for 10 hours straight at World's of Fun? If not, read this: The difference between "if" and "when" Anyway, so he decided that he wanted to ride on the roller coaster on top of the New York New York hotel. As did my brother-in-law. Since my stomach was still iffy from the flights/elevator that went to high so fast that it literally made your ears ring/ginormous breakfast I happily let them go together whilst I tagged along. So they rode it while I played this ridiculously addictive Saturday Night Fever quarter game. I'm not sure what the game had to do with John Travolta or the movie but it had his picture on it. This is the same game - minus John Travolta - that the boyfriend got me hooked on this summer at the fair, go here: 2012 skits, sickness, olympics and a giant guitar. Anyway, the tickets I got from the game I gave to a kid on the way out. Not like I needed a prize out of their cheesy stash. Plus I'd have to carry it all the way back to the hotel.

:: Camera Drama
- This is where the trip went downhill. Everything was all fine and dandy and then somehow I left my camera in a taxi. Fell out of my coat pocket. Me of course being the over-reactor that I am totally flipped out. We talked to this hotel dude who checked the security camera and gave us a list of taxi cab companies that we could call, but of course when you don't plan on leaving something in a taxi you don't really pay attention to your surroundings as well as you should. Luckily my boyfriend is a car expert so he knew which company to call so we called and left our information. But it's a big town with a lot of cabs and interesting people so we have yet to hear back. I called again once we got back but still nothing. Eh. But it's fine, at least it wasn't my wallet or my phone.

:: My boyfriend is sweeter than your boyfriend. 
- Remember my segments about how my boss is cooler than your boss? or my coworkers are cooler than your coworkers? New one for you, my boyfriend is sweeter than your boyfriend. So, since I'm me, I wanted to stay in the hotel room for the rest of the day drowning in misery. If you know me and picture you would understand. I think I have over 60 albums uploaded to Facebook, not to mention multiple computers filled with them. The boyfriend then suggests we go to Best Buy and get a new one but I was having none of it. Favorite Sister-In-Law was also present. Next thing I know he's gone so I turn on Friends and start watching that. Then get a text from Second Sister claiming she misses her kids so I needed to meet her at Treasure Island to distract her. Since we were going to the show right after dinner I figured I would get changed first but didn't have enough energy to put on the makeup as was originally planned.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that in yesterday's post. The night before the girls gave me a makeover with the makeup, I walked into the room and the boyfriend went Whoa. And that was it. There were no other words used. So I took a picture - I'll get back to that later.

So meanwhile, I changed and went down to meet Second Sister in front of the pirate ship - the red one, not the blue one. And I texted the boyfriend as I was leaving cause he told me to text him if I was going anywhere. Told him where I was going then called Second Sister cause our hotel is huge and without the boyfriend apparently suddenly I lose all sense of direction and can't find the correct exit. Except I did. But she was trying to convince me that I was wrong. Which didn't help things. I get out the back door, can literally see the pirate ship and she tells me I'm going the wrong way. Woops. Anyway, met her there and the boyfriend said he would meet us where we were having supper aka Phil's Italian Steakhouse. Someone did some massive planning on that one since some people wanted Italian and others wanted steak. Perfect.

Anyway, so we get the the restaurant - yes I did just spell check that as always - and he shows up with a new camera and memory card. Apparently, whilst still in the room he signaled Favorite Sister-In-Law that he was going to get the camera, found the address to Best Buy then took off with Brother-in-Law to go get one - same model and everything. Pretty sure all the women swooned and said something to the effect of "why can't you be that romantic with me?!" to all their husbands. But it wasn't just the camera, it was also the fact that he volunteered to go all the up and down the strip again just to retake all of the pictures that we had taken the night before.

So the only original pictures I still have left were the ones from my phone - including the makeover pictures that made him go Whoa, label me as stunning and claim to be able to look at that all day.

See, sweet.

Anyway, somehow my brother ended up seeing that picture and legitimately said "who's that?" and had no clue, then didn't believe it was me.

Perhaps I'll upload them later, if not I'm sure they'll surface on Facebook eventually.

:: Shared entree and salad
- Remember yesterday about the food pattern? I would order something, eat three bites then he would finish it after eating his own meal. See, we rarely eat when we're together. Unless there's someone with us. But since the buffet was giant we weren't really all that hungry so we shared some sort of fancy salad and shrimp scampi entree.

:: Beatles Love
- We saw the Beatles Love circ du soleil show at the Mirage on Monday night, it was fantastic. We had excellent seats right up front so we could literally reach out and touch someone if we wanted to. But that would be frowned upon. There was so much going on at once it was like you didn't know where to look. Tons of acrobats jumping and spinning and dancing and singing. Awesomeness.

:: Strip Take Two
- So we went all the way from the Wynn to the Luxor and back. Gotta be like 5 miles at least. Think I actually lost weight on that vacation, and when does that happen ever? We retook our pictures and even a few more - especially of the Luxor but I rambled about that fascination yesterday.

:: Shotglass Collection Continues
- So I have this thing where I collect shot glasses whenever I go on a trip. I got it from my brother. Anyway, the one I snagged and brought home I got this night on the street at a convenience station of sorts. I think around 2 or 3 in the morning. Was cool to see the strip at night but it brought out the creepers, though not as many as I thought. Had some well-placed security guards.

Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars


the boyfriend is now obsessive with this song

Legitimate pre-midnight post. Holy Crap tag in use.




No comments:

Post a Comment