I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Well, mostly.

Day One:

:: "I wanted to punch that Sooner Boomer lady."
"It's Boomer Sooner."
- It was the boyfriend's first trip on a commercial airline. Which is ironic since he builds airplane parts for a living. Bummer I can't use the anecdote anymore. He did okay, aside from the crazy lady sitting next to him. Apparently she and a group of friends were excited about their game and really hated Texas. The ride itself went smoothly and we landed safely in Denver. Oh and I need luggage for Christmas. I mean, I don't need it specifically for Christmas, I mean that I'm putting it on my list for Christmas.

:: Delayed Flight = Loitering Around the Sports Bar to Watch the Husker Game
-The joy about flying planes is that their schedule is dependent on the weather. On this particular day there was a bit of a snowstorm so we spent a few hours jamming out in the airport. So I posted some random stuff on Facebook - and continued as the weekend went on - and got continuous game updates from Mom. Meanwhile the boys all stood outside this sports bar watching it on their big screen and screaming for every big play.

:: Big Bang Theory & Hot Tea
-Since there was a snowstorm there was a major delay in takeoff so they could de-ice the plane. For this reason - I mean, I'm assuming it's for this reason - we got free cable on the way from Denver to Vegas. I watched the Big Bang Theory marathon on TBS. Every time the boyfriend catches me watching it he refers to it as "that show again". But it's just that good. And I got hot tea. Which is my secret stomach settling drink. Well, any type of tea anyway. No idea why, think it's all a mental thing. But I got hot tea on each of the four flights we took.

:: Slots At The Airport
-Yes, immediately after getting off the plane there were slot machines. So, just in case you couldn't wait until the hotel you could start early. The King of Useless Knowledge was the first and lost his dollar. Bummer. Would have been amusing if he did one buck and then won on the first try.

:: Mandatory Resort Fee
-Check-in was a little scary. We changed our reservations so that we'd all be on the same floor. In the end I only paid about 80 some bucks cause I'd already paid for everything else. Though the majority of that 80 bucks was what they called a "Mandatory Resort Fee" which brought up the comment, "you can't put a price on fitness." "Yes, you can, it's 25 dollars." Another weird thing brought up at check-in? They use the weight system so that if you pick up one of the snacks you are charged for the item if you don't put it back in the exact location within a minute of moving it.

:: "Don't lick the apparatus." 
-So, you gotta know that my family is highly entertaining. Some in particular say anything that comes to mind outloud. Over the next few days you'll get a lot of random quotes that I'll attempt to explain but most likely the majority of them are better left unexplained. This particular one came after my brother said he would never go on the zipline because some dude who did got a staff infection and lost a bunch of limbs. But maybe that's what caused the problem in the first place.

:: To Get Married or Not To Get Married, that is the question. 
We had dinner at Gilley's, a cowboy resteraunt where all the waitresses are decked out in cowboy boots, hats and spurs. There was even a mechanical bull in the room next door. At one point the topic of marriage came up - we were discussing when to take our picture in front of a church and send it to our parents prank that my siblings had been plotting. I said something about how it would be easier to just get married to which he agreed. When I said he was joking but I was serious he said he was serious as well so there were about 30 seconds that we were going to get married. We had enough family there to be witnesses and the rest could throw us a reception later. Part of me wishes we did, just cause I want to be with him. But the other part of me knows that our parents would kill us, and of course Sketch as well. She would have driven all the way to Vegas to kick my butt.

Song listened to on the way to the airport?


Only a few of the highlights of the day. Tomorrow is all about Day Two. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment