I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Then you begin to make it better.

Class today was fun. Talked about databases and search engines. Then listened to a few presenters talk about ask-a-librarian software.

Basically it's a messaging service where you can chat with a librarian if you have a question.

Or apparently if you're bored. Someone using the username Justin Bieber asked me if I liked pie. When I didn't answer he threatened to mug me in the parking lot.

I was tempted to have the security guard to walk me to my car, but then I was like, Justin Bieber? I think I could take him.

It was fun to see everyone again. I got to know a few of them at conference so it's fun to joke around after class.

Which has become the usual routine. Which is why I love the program.

So I left my usual note under the Cool Aunt's door and headed back to the apartment.

To jam with my big fat cat.

She leaves me notes as well. With presents. I need to take her out for some margaritas after Vegas.

Technically, I could be done with the homework for the class by the end of the week. All we have left is a search engine chart - aka find 3 and compare them - then there's a reference interview - where we interview a reference librarian, a specific one who Maegan, Sam and I are meeting hopefully either this Thursday or next - and then add a few sources to RefWorks and email them to her.

If we do meet on Thursday I can write the paper right after.

Or when I get back from Vegas.

Which is the more likely scenario.

But I have until the 8th of December.

But if I get everything done in November then I'll be free and clear for all of December.

For that class anyway.

Now it's all about writing my paper on Koha for Info Tech and then working on a different one on adult programming for Adult Services.

Gotta come up with a series of programs for adults to take place over a year, ideas?

Will work on that tomorrow, gonna crash now.

The Vegas countdown continues. Library Goddess was giving me tips today, I'm stoked. 6 days and counting. Apparently I'm supposed to go see some sort of Beatles meets the Circ De Sole show thing that's there cause I'd love it. Or the Library Goddess will smack me.

Sounds like fun, I love the Beatles and circus stuff is fun. I don't think I've actually ever been to any kind of circus.

Or maybe I have and I was too young to remember it.



I'm aware this is boring, but I'm feeling boring tonight. Instead of being motivated and working on the homework that would free me up in December I made supper instead and started season two of Burn Notice.

Tomorrow it is.

Hey Jude - The Beatles


I'm out for the night.

Have a good one.


Legitimate 11:50 PM post.

This will never be true ever again.

Holy HOLY crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment