I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

and whispered in the sound of silence.

Things you've missed this week:

World Kindness Day Celebration
-So we knew there wouldn't be a giant turnout because of the game timing, but we had a lot of fun with the people that showed up. And the TAB kids got really into the pin the food on the cornucopia game. One of the kids got so lost he ended up behind the staff desk - and the posted was hung up on the staff door by the PAC's.

Smooth.

So we made our bag turkeys, spoon pilgrims, pilgrim hats, and hand and foot turkeys, plus ate some cookies and drank some apple juice with the Queen of Awesome.

Fun stuff.

Oh, and the QofA was also the first of my coworkers to meet the boyfriend.

Pretty sure she's proud of that.

Oh, totally kissed him in front of my kids and didn't even realize it. Cause you know how stuff like that can turn into a routine thing?

Or is that just us?

It wasn't like a serious thing but when I turned around and they were all smiling I was like, did I just? ah, crap.

Won't be living that one down any time soon.

More fun life stuff a work friend of mine is pregnant and I TOTALLY CALLED IT! Cause I can tell the symptoms, I have three sisters and 8 nieces and nephews I can tell the signs.

Ask Second Sister, got in the car to see Wicked,

"Are you wearing perfume?"
"Are you pregnant?"
"Oh my god!"

She knew for a like a day.

Anyway, I was joking that I had called it but she denied it so I was gonna go up and say "In your face!" but pregnant women are hormonal and nauseous so Queen of the Known Universe said the friend may counter with "On your shoes!"

What else?

Oh, I have a new nickname from Sketch.

Hazmat.

Long story.

But previously I was Pancake.

So now I am a Hazmat Pancake.

I'm sure there's more - oh like tonight, we - Maegan, Sam and myself - interviewed a reference librarian for an assignment. I finished all of my other stuff for that class so really I could write this paper from my notes and be done with homework for that class. All I have left is a physical class next month and we're good for the semester.

But I still have the other two classes to finish. Two more major assignments and some discussion boards. This week I'm off for holiday so no homework or discussions - huzzah!

I've already started on one of them, I should really get going on the other. Perhaps I'll work on them over Thanksgiving break.

Ha.

Right.

What else?

Oh, did some Christmas shopping this morning. I'm now done with Favorite Sister-In-Law, Booge, Abby Cadabra, and Claire, plus KJ, G-Wigger and Obi-Wan. Halfway done with Mom. Have one thing for Dad but it's not a lot.

Working on presents for the boyfriend's birthday and Xmas.

So that's.... let's see gotta count there's

2
4
5-4 so 1
5-1 so 4
plus Laverna, Grams

oh and I got the Cool Aunt done.

And I should get something for the Library Goddess.

so that's what like 14 left? Plus the boyfriend x2 so 16.

And I should get stuff for his family so there's more.

Eh, I got time.

I still haven't made my list.

We've started doing this thing over Thanksgiving where all the siblings take over the couches in one room and pass around the ads and make our lists. It's quite handy.

Bookshelves may be good.

I have like 3 well, 4 smaller ones but they're overflowing. Maybe I should ask for some tall ones. I could put them where the shorter ones are now and then use the shorter ones for DVD's and CD's or pictures or something.

But they've gotta be good sturdy ones cause I'm an English major so there's a lot of anthologies involved.

Plus like every work by Shakespeare, a bunch of classic novels, some random nonfiction, and A LOT of popular fiction. One of my volunteers was talking about favorite novels. I told her I was a Patterstonian. She thought that was funny.

Please tell me you get that reference.

Back when the show was still good.

Alright, music and I'm off. Got a meeting in the morning to plan out the next newsletter with the Library Goddess.

Huzzah for coffee.


Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel


legitimate pre-11:50 post. holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment