I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, November 19, 2012

What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas: Day Four

:: Last night in the big city
- I'm including this in Day Four because by the time we got back to the hotel is was about 3AM. Not so genius when we needed to be up and ready and packed and checked out and in the lobby by 9:30. Though we ended up checking out at 9AM through the TV - who knew?! Yeah, easy enough. Though I went to the lobby to get a printed receipt just in case. Though every time you turn on the TV you hear Steve Wynn ramble on repeat about how great his hotels are and how every single part was picked out specifically because of something or whatever and it was on multiple channels. Good to fall asleep to, actually the first night there was this weird cheerleading movie with Deeks - well, not Deeks, Eric Christian Olsen but he'll forever be known as Deeks.

:: Airport Security
- Going through the security at airports is always awkward. Gotta take off your shoes and belt and if you've got sparkle-butt jeans you beep, like I said awkward. But the joy of repeating the same things over and over can sometimes give employees a sense of humor. Some quotes overheard by the dude in charge were: "no liquids allowed on the plane. if you have vodka there's a pickup in the employee parking lot." "if you're still comfortable then you're wearing too many clothes."

:: Jammin' at the Airport
- BK for breakfast/lunch. The pattern continued where I would order something, eat three bites then he would finish it. Though it must just be a vacation thing cause we went to BK last week and he only got through his own. After BK came the flight to Denver. Immediately after landing we had to speed walk - well, speed ride the moving walkways to the next terminal cause our flight was supposed to leave immediately after. Thankfully they were delayed which gave me time to check Facebook - cause I mean, what else does one do whilst waiting at the airport?

:: The Pervy Old Dude
- We sat by an interesting group of characters throughout our four flights but I think King of Useless Knowledge's guy was the worst. Felt sorry for the flight attendant. At least mine was silent and on his laptop the whole time. But I missed the Sky Mall magazine...

:: At the airport
- Well, after we made it back we hit up the baggage claim and went our separate ways. After of course the topic of Thanksgiving was brought up. That has yet to be decided but hopefully I'll get to spend some time with the boyfriend.

I went out there tonight and we watched the original Red Dawn, well, he watched the original Red Dawn, I fell asleep.

And that's pretty much Vegas, minus some minor details I forgot to write down. But if I think of them later I'll add them in.

Song of the day:

Everybody Talks - Michaela Paige cover on The Voice

listened to at 400 mph in the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment