I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

nothing left for me to do but dance.

Okay, so one thing I neglected to mention in the previous post is yet another big thing from this week.

Family pictures.

Not my family, his family.

Which of course turned me into a nervous wreck cause it's like a serious thing.

And I know we're serious, but this is like serious serious.

But when I tried explaining that to Girlscout Cabin Fever went, "but didn't you almost get married in Vegas?" "yeah." "isn't that more serious?" and then something about how there should be many more serious events before the actual wedding.

Weird thing, didn't miss a beat during that entire 5 minutes of, "oh yeah, let's get married" in complete seriousness. Not sure what made me nervous about the pictures, his family is great and we get along really well.

Just the nerves of dressing up and wearing makeup and OH MY GOD, so I was in the staff restroom putting on the makeup on break and one of the aides walked in and like this look of pure shock came over her face.

Not sure if she wasn't sure what to do in the situation or that she'd never seen me in makeup let alone applying it.

Either way it was humorous.

So I got all maked up - is that a phrase? I'm making it one - and met up with his family to take the pictures. Quick and painless as was dinner afterward.

Today was as well, it seemed to fly by. Coffee/meeting in the morning with the Library Goddess about the newsletter which I had copy and pasted about 90% already so that was fast, then work and training yet another volunteer. So I'm at 4 go-po's, though last week I was at 5. Then I have like 3 new adult volunteers all coming in at different hours and all that. I think that's all I can handle at the moment or I will go insane.

But I get to jam all day tomorrow with the family. And I get to sleep in, before I have to wake up, get dressed and be conscious enough to pick up my great aunt around 11:30.

Mom says it's either pick her up or cook the food and as I cannot cook the food I'm going with picking her up.

The boyfriend is sick so I'm bummed about that. Hopefully he can get some actual sleep tonight and will feel better tomorrow or the day after.


Alright, on to the music rec. Got a classic one for you tonight.

Canned Heat - Jon Heder's incredible dance moves.
Think someone choreographed this or is he making it up on the fly?

I actually have a video of 4 of my best friends from high school doing this dance but they would hunt me down and kill me if I uploaded it.

nothing left for me to do but dance.

can i borrow some chapstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment