I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Don't tell the elf." "Not a word."

Sickness Day One:

- Woke up with a fever, headache, was exhausted and sore.

- Laid on the couch freezing and overheating attempting to sleep and watching Lord of the Rings movies 1, 2, and 3. Which I didn't realize was an all day affair until I attempted it.


Sickness Day Two:

- Already had the day off, had plans all of them cancelled.

- Woke up with a fever, headache, was exhausted and sore started coughing again.

- Laid around on the couch attempting to sleep and watching an all-day marathon of NCIS.



Sickness Day Three:

- Woke up with a fever, no voice, exhaustion and frustration!

- Laid around on the couch attempting to sleep and do homework. Caught up on Leverage.

I'm going stir crazy so I'm going in tomorrow. My fever is gone and I can stay in this apartment no longer.

Do you know how hard it is to sleep not only when you're freezing one minute and then overheated the next but with a 22 POUND CAT SLEEPING ON YOUR STOMACH?!

Normally this is cute and fine and a nightly occurrence but I was freezing so I'd put on more blankets, and then I'd be hot so I'd attempt to throw them off but you can't when there's a 22 POUND CAT SLEEPING ON YOUR STOMACH!

Cause he's cute and fluffy, but he gets mad when you wake him up from his nap. And he naps A LOT! But then, when I finally fall asleep he decides he wants to get up which means he wants me to get up.

I know this cause if I don't he'll jump on me and walk around on my stomach and stare at me.

Or lay across the room and glare at me until I get up and play with him.

He's smart though cause he bites normally but not when I'm sick which is super weird. It's like he knows. Though the fact that I laid around in the fetal position for like 3 days isn't exactly subtle.

Livin' on popsicles and flavored water, ah the good life.

No, I'm fine, it's fine, we're fine, the boyfriend's almost fine as is the rest of the family.

See there are two strains going around in our family there's the stomach flu that my Mom had plus Oldest Sister and Squirt and my brother. And then there's the Influenza that me and the boyfriend had.

And apparently that lasts for like a week so I'm cutting it short and going to work tomorrow. Cause it's all mental. Only reason I keep staying home is cause of the fever, otherwise I probably would have sucked it up and went in.

I'm like my dad like that. I don't really take sick days.

Anyway, tomorrow it is. But I did get some homework done today. Finished the IT paper that's due tomorrow at 10 AM - huzzah - next up is the paper due Sunday - cause I already finished the one due Saturday. And then the one that's due next Saturday is after that.

And then I'm done for the semester!!

But then January will come and I will once again be overrun by assignments. Which is fine. Cause next December I will be done done.

As in done eternally.

As in no way am I going for a doctorate.

I already feel crazy enough for going back voluntarily, I ain't doing it again. Power to the ones crazy/brave enough for it.

Alright, off to sleep now. Work tomorrow then the weekend off. 9 hours, I can power through 9 hours. I'll be fine. It's all mental.


i'm sorry but tracy morgan is the best part of this skit every time they do it.


He's cute but he's fat.

Photo: how am I supposed to get up when this is on my stomach

No comments:

Post a Comment