I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, November 22, 2012

"i ain't touching her heat button."

Ah, Thanksgiving.

Yet another family function filled with food, fun and frivolity.

Say that five times fast.

You can stop now.

Our family is pretty zen compared to others - well, at least the adults are. The kids on the other hand - there was a lot of running and screaming and video games and bingo while the rest of us were content to watch football, the Bond marathon, and look through all the ads in today's paper coming up with our own Christmas lists.

It's become this cheesy tradition and this year we all basically brought our own papers which made it even more entertaining.

Though last year's bicker and banter over who got to see what first was also amusing.

Add to that Second Sister's great app suggestion - Christmas List Pro - in which you can keep track of the people you're buying for, what you got them and how much you spent. There's more if you pay for the premium version but really that's all I needed. Got a lot of good ideas from today but the problem with me is that lately I have no idea what I want.

Book shelves and luggage is all I can come up with, and really, neither of those screams a good time.

Practical yes, party no.

Not that I'm a big party girl like at all really.

But you gotta have some fun stuff too and before that pretty much all I got was fun stuff. Video gaming systems, movies, CD's, computers, signed Charmed scripts, etc. Now I'm old and am boring apparently because before I was able to list off 5 movies that I wanted or video games that had just came out.

Right now all I got is luggage and book shelves.

And then of course my yearly Santa requests...

An endless supply of Diet Dr. Pepper...

A litter box that cleans itself...

yeah know, just the basics.

But not knowing makes it hard for people to buy for me cause I'm not able to give them suggestions, SO! Within the next week I'm gonna be searching ads and online trying to find good fun stuff.

And if you see something you think I'd like send me a note.

Where was I before this tangent?

Oh right, Thanksgiving stories.

Made some interesting memories tonight, slept in 'til 10:30. Woke up and turned on the parade - about thirty seconds later Second Sister called asking what I was doing so I was able to say "watching the parade" instead of saying "shutup i'm sleeping it's my vacation" isn't that nice?

Oldest and Second Sister's families arrived first, then I went to pick up the great aunt but kept getting phone calls about stuff I needed to pick up while in town. The lady at the counter kept laughing at me cause I kept coming back and trying to balance ice, chips and a paper. And listening to my ringtone for when my mother calls.

Let's just say it's highly entertaining, but awkward in social situations when you don't know the people around you.

So I picked her up and successfully jammed the walker into my backseat - always entertaining - then came home so we could eat. We jammed out, watched the Lions lose in overtime - what the hell is up with Suh? You know, when he was here in Nebraska he was the hero, he was awesome. Now he just has some serious anger issues.

The great aunt played bingo with the kiddos and apparently won all the games. Though I laughed cause they were playing with apple jacks as the markers.

This was sometime after the siblings had taken of the couches/chairs in the living room and had ads spread all over the place. But I found Squirt some cool Yoda slippers and Bek a giant stuffed rainbow unicorn plus came up with some other ideas as well. We had Bond on in the background later on - Goldeneye then something else, we weren't paying too much attention to the second one. I just remember it had Teri Hatcher in it.

But then we got distracted ate supper and played pitch instead. Dad and Oldest Sister challenged Bubby and I. They won the first set by a lot, we edged them out in the second set and then SHOT THE MOON and won the third.

I had AKQ962 in diamonds somehow majestically before the deck so I passed that on to Bubby. We dominated.

Oh and big Joe made a house out of dominoes it was pretty cool.

And then everyone took off around 8ish.

The boyfriend spent today home with the flu. I know, I was totally sad but I think he was content to lay on the couch and watch TV. I told BossLady I should have introduced them because she wants to catch the flu. Apparently she enjoys being sick and spending time on the couch. It can be relaxing but I'll pass on all the symptoms, thanks.

Actually she's not the first one who wants to meet him. Around work he's known as "the boy" "the boyfriend" or "the yorkster" which I enjoy. I was told to bring him to work some time though I'm not sure I want to subject him to the Spanish Inquisition from some of the more protective ones. I quite like this one, you can scare the other creepers away.

All in all it was a pretty great day except for the missing boyfriend part. Told some humorous stories, my favorite I'll get in trouble for posting but I'm going to anyway cause I'm still laughing was when Mom first got the new mower - and it's one of those massive riding mowers so very different than our previous one - she hit the pickup and she came inside and told my brother to move the pickup and "while you're at it, pick up the mailbox too."

Needless to say I did a lot of the mowing from then on.

The title is a quote from my brother. Mom has this fake fireplace unit inside our actual fireplace - bizarre but effective - and it has these lights that look like an actual fire but it's also a space heater. My brother was complaining it wasn't doing its job so I told him he needed to hit the heat button. He refused.

After all that Mom and I jammed out on the couch and watched that Michael Jackson documentary Bad 25, it was interesting. Totally didn't know Sheryl Crow sang backup to him on tour and that Annie are you okay was a reference to a CPR dummy. Totally makes the song different after hearing that.


apparently he made "short films" not video. cool to see the influence tie-ins now that I know what to look for.  though i still have no idea how they did 7:14.


even though that is a classic the version i grew up with is this one:

love the sidewalk.


sleeping in tomorrow then watching the husker game while putting up the trees, woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment