I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Single white female looking for a man like you.

Do you ever feel like people are becoming too creative with their license plates?

Like today I was driving behind a car with one that said I CRE8

That's great, congratulations, you create what exactly? And why are you putting it on your license plate?

Granted this is coming from someone who just suggested we make homemade license plates that say BABEWGN to cover the Iowa plates on our rental so feel free to ignore my thoughts on this subject.

That's right the big day is tomorrow!

NLA - the Nebraska Library Association conference also known as the GNC - Glorified Nerd Convention.

Green bags and nametags all around.

We're nerds, but it's okay, we own it. I love it.

Meeting up with the Queen of the Known Universe and the New Guy at 5AM so we can be there before 8 which means I'm waking up at 4:30.

Clearly the Queen is driving, anything before 8 for me is questionable, I'm not sure about the New Guy. And since she's driving she rented a pickup truck cause it gave her an excuse to rent one - she has a slight obsession.

Earlier this month the New Guy dubbed it the "Babe Wagon" because we kept getting hit on that week. Now he has joined our carpool crew so he is a babe as well.

We need one of those yard sticks like they have at the amusement parks.

"You must be *this* sexy to ride." 

My friends all laughed when I told them I was going to bed at 9.

Mostly because they know me. For me it's almost impossible to go to bed before 10PM. Actually I rarely go to bed before 1AM.

It just doesn't work so I'm gonna have to turn on something especially boring.

The only problem is that I don't own anything especially boring.

Maybe the Addams Family.

I'm sorry, I hated the original movie but I really liked the sequel Family Values.

For most people that's backwards.

But waking up tomorrow at 4:30 is gonna be weird enough without waking up to the home page of the Addams Family DVD on my screen so I'll pass on that one.

Last time I remember waking up that early on purpose was back in college. I used to help Oldest Sister with her craft shows and she did some in the Haymarket on the weekends. We would have to be down there by like 6 and usually I stayed over with her but this one time I actually drove and met her there. I woke up at 4:30 in the dorms and walked to the bathroom and one of my hallmates was just getting back and was getting ready for bed. I was jealous.

Not of the fact that she was out that late, but of the fact that she got to go to sleep at that moment in time.

As you've noticed I'm really not a morning person.

So, that being said, it is now 9:00 I'm going to post this, charge my phone and iPod, and find something boring to watch. I've already got my clothes and breakfast laid out. Bag is packed, taking a book along just in case. Think I'm good.

Song of the Day:

I keep singing Royals - that one I posted a couple of days ago by Lorde - and humming it around the library. It's driving me nuts because originally I really didn't like it at all. Now it's grown on me. But I can't post that cause I already did so since tomorrow's drive is going to be country-filled tonight you're gonna get some retro country.

Single White Female - Chely Wright


i do have to laugh when i hear this song. ironic coming from her now.

And I'm out. Legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

Here are last year's conference notes - I went both days cause I was a GA - and also one from the year before that so you'll understand when I say Glorified Nerd Convention I actually mean Glorified Nerd Convention.

2011 Green Bags and Nametags
2012 Day One - the Full Monica
2012 Day Two - Fake it 'til you make it

No comments:

Post a Comment