I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, October 18, 2013

They're not here to fish.

So, this is my last post before I go off the radar for a week.

You may hear from me at some point but there are no guarantees.

Today was crazy, I started at the home branch where I got to work with the Queen of Awesome. We had fun as always, but it was the calm before the storm cause once I got to the work branch I was running all over the place trying to do supplies stuff, volunteer stuff, TAB stuff, and regular circ stuff just so that it was all done and set for the next week. The New Guy's got my back for supplies, Bosslady is good with the volunteers, I can check my email for TAB stuff if needed and they can handle the rest.

I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow, aka the beginning of Comprehensive Exams. I have a week to write 24 pages, if I fail I have to wait to retake them next semester.

Joy.

I think I'm psyching myself out. It's the not knowing what the questions will be that makes me nervous. I'm hoping that once I get them I'll be able to gauge how long they're going to take me.

But! I have my comrades who I'm meeting up with Sunday afternoon. We found a place with wifi and coffee and breakfast all day, huzzah! oh and pie too which is always good. So we may be camped out there for a while. That calms my nerves a bit, especially since we'll be meeting later in the week as well to make sure no one is flailing.

Here's my plan for the week:
Saturday - questions arrive in the AM, plan on coming up with outlines and finding resources
Sunday - church then meet with comrades to brainstorm
Monday - write all day
Tuesday - work/practicum/write more
Wednesday - write all day
Thursday - work/practicum/write more
Friday - write all day
Saturday - write all day
Sunday - church then final edits then submit them then family pictures

That's the rough draft schedule. I'm hoping to see my boyfriend at some point before Sunday. Girlscout says I'll need to take breaks just to keep functioning so that sounds promising. I'm thinking I'll send what I have to Bosslady and Oldest Sister by Friday - they have graciously said they would look them over just to make sure they make sense. It would be nice to be done early and then I'd have time to go back and edit them without all the deadline pressure BUT without knowing what the questions are I have no way of knowing how long they will take me.

See where the stress comes in?

But that's okay, as stressful as today was at work and as stressful as tomorrow will be tonight was really nice.

Went out to eat with the boyfriend then went to see Captain Phillips.



You get used to the accent.

While Gravity bored me - I know, you're still booing me - this one was totally opposite. Was on the edge of my seat the whole movie. Scale of Awesome says 8/10. Similar to Zero Dark Thirty it's not something I'd watch again but it was definitely worth it the first time.

The boyfriend is really sweet, tonight especially. He told me to focus on my school stuff and that if I had time we would hang out. He does have plenty of projects to work on - maybe both of us will actually finish something this week. But he has a point if I pass these, finish my practicum by December 1st and get at least a B in Youth Services I will graduate in December and be done with homework eternally.

Then we'll have all the time in the world. Unless he gets switched to second, then that's a different story.

Song of the Day: Flashback Friday

Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve


Alright, I'm zenned out now. Came home to a nice card and coffee giftcard from the Cool Aunt. She rocks and she knows how much coffee I'll be drinking this week.

So to sum up, I like you all, I think you are all awesome rockstar people, however if you try to get in a touch with me this week and I don't respond don't be offended, I just want to be able to turn off my phone and get this over with.

Hope you all have rockstar weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment