I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, October 5, 2013

They want a rodeo and 2 pound steaks.

I know, I've been crappy at posting this week but I'm back with a vengeance.

FRIDAY

Slept in. It was awesome. Then went over to Oldest Sister's house to pick up Mom for the walk. We walked 2 miles for the Mental Health Awareness thing at my practicum site. Got t-shirts and granola bars and all that, it was pretty fun.

Though last week Mom was one of those 80 million people you see hobbling around with a boot so now that the boot was removed I was afraid she was gonna keel over in pain at any moment.

But she made it the whole 2 miles.

And it was her choice to do the 2 miles instead of the campus walk so she can't blame me for anything.

Aside from waiting in line for 2 hours for food that never came it was a good morning.

Long story.

After that I went back to the apartment and took a nap.

For like 10 minutes before Oldest Sister texted and asked if I could pick up Bubby from school.

Another one of those flash forward moments. Do I go inside? Am I supposed to wait in the car? Thankfully 2 minutes after I decided to stay in the car they all walked out so I chose correctly.

After school I took him to his volleyball tournament where they won both games.

It was amusing though because it was a triangular and the other two teams had all these tiny tiny kids and then our team had three 8th grade boys who just dominated.

They served underhand the first game, but it was no mercy overhand for the second game.

I knew a few of the kids from camp, and then ran into a bunch of their parents so we talked for a while.

Since Oldest Sister and my brother-in-law were present - he was the coach - I took off to go do some homework.

SATURDAY

I'm on a bagel kick so I had a french toast bagel for breakfast with some honey nut cream cheese, as mentioned bagel kick so I've got many flavors, and then headed to the home branch for the day. Was interesting because we actually had a crowd as opposed to the work branch which I'm sure was empty for the majority of the day due to our proximity to the game.

Which is why my coworkers hate Husker football. But I love it so I was stoked that we won.

Check this Sportscenter Top 10 moment


After the game I headed out to see the boyfriend. We went out to eat and then went to see The Family.



Scale of Awesome says 8/10, I really liked it. A lot of humor but it ended pretty serious. Really good casting. Michelle Pfeiffer was my favorite, that supermarket thing was hilarious.

Don't piss off that family, seriously.



Song of the Day:

Wrapped up in You - Josh Wyatt cover


he's pretty good.

and i'm out. back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment