I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Look ma, no staples!

So, it's official.

I've joined Pinterest.

Not my fault, Second Sister pushed me into it.

Right after Oldest Sister forced me into joining Instagram.

They're the cool mom's on campus with all the new fancy apps.

Speaking of cool people on campus Mr. BossMan Tom is the cool kid on campus for serious.

We walked across campus today and everyone was greeting him by name - there were even people flagging him down in the parking lot!

That's the kind of librarian I want to be. Someone who is so helpful that people actually remember your name.

Though I could do without the flagging me down in the parking lot aspect, that might be creepy.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, Pinterest. We'll see how it goes. Which reminds me that I should post something to Instagram at some point soon. I always forget and then do like 5 in a row.

Hey it works...

Yes, I am a nerd, but apparently one who needs to brush up on her tech-fads.

Especially if I intend to work with teenagers, that's basically all they do.

And, speaking of teens, I now have 18 of us - 3 of which are adults - that are attending the Catching Fire party. It's so handy having them RSVP for movie tickets, makes planning the afterparty so much easier.

I should do that all the time...

Oh, have I mentioned the epic Catching Fire party upcoming in November? We're gonna go see the movie then come back to the library afterward for themed snackage and obstacles in our 4th floor "arena". It's gonna be wicked.

Did I mention I'm a nerd?

Today was good. Flew by as most half-days do. Got to work with 2 people I never get to...explains the weird weather...and then more supply stuff before heading off to practicum.

Practicum Count-Up is 64/90 December is coming up fast but I should have almost exactly 90 hours by the due date. Actually it'll be like 90:15 or something to that effect. Whatever I'll take it.

After practicum I went out to see the boyfriend. We got supper then watched a few episode of Big Bang Theory - yay TBS - and the last half of Pitch Perfect - yay Fat Amy. or Fat Patricia that is. She's the only one officially signed on to do the sequel but the others are listed as rumored and it's the same writer as the original so I'm hoping it'll all work out.

Especially since that ending was so sudden, they need to start right where they left off.

And that's all I got for today. I'm posting this before watching The Voice cause I knew I wouldn't be able to focus fully on either.

You should take that as a compliment, not a lot can do that when in comparison to the Voice.

Have I mentioned it's awesome and I'm a fan?

Yep nerd.

Alright, on to the music and then I'm out.

Song of the Day: Turn it back Tuesday - 90's

Zoot Suit Riot - Cherry Poppin' Daddies


love the retro vibe of this one, song and video very cool. i know you secretly want that suit.



oh, the staples line is because we have to take staples out of magazines before we can put them out.

something about swallowing them or stabbing something, i don't know.

but there are apparently some magazines without staples, which brings us such joy.

i know, nerd out.

No comments:

Post a Comment